oil pressure gauge - cold weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure gauge - cold weather

will thinks its the oil pressure sending unit, but just want to know if anyone else has had this issue/fixed it

has only happened 2 times, both in the past month. both on very cold mornings. i'll start the WJ up, and the oil pressure gauge doesn't move. stays on L. turn the car off, start it back up, reads normal pressure, no issues whatsoever.
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Does it eventually come up after its been running or do you HAVE to restart it for it to work?
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

i havent tried...the first time it happened i had started my car before i left for work, it was probably running 10 mins or so. when i got out to leave for work is when i noticed it was on L. so im guessing it was never going to go up. the 2nd time when it happened this week i just turned it off immediately so i didnt give it a chance to try. but as soon as i started it again it went right up to normal pressure without hesitation
      2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

hmmmm it would be weird for the sending unit to stick and have restarting affect it. They usually either work or dont. Do you know anyone with a real automotive scan tool? If you can find someone with one that will read data you can see if the pcm is registering oil pressure and rule out the sender.
        I dont think it is. It could be but it would be an odd failure for one.
        I guess you could do the same with a meter also and see if the sender is working. If you can get someone with a good multimeter to check it I can look up the spec for it.

I just looked up the oil pressure sensor on napa and its like 9$ so really, it wouldnt hurt to try it anyway.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I have a tool that'll read the live data.
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
            I have a tool that'll read the live data.
            now...we just have to make it do this again
            2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

When its working does the gauge move as rpms and oil pressure increase?

Comment

it usually goes straight to normal and then doesnt move while im driving
                2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

These later ones may be a "switch" and not a sensor anyway.
                  Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                    These later ones may be a "switch" and not a sensor anyway.
                    Exactly, it just goes to a predetermined spot on the gauge as long as there is oil pressure. Get a good scanner and see if it will read actual oil pressure.

Comment

Working...
                    X