Sherlock Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock Holmes

Well, I have to say, one of those movies that I thoroughly enjoyed and I will absolutely be seeing it again. I've always been fan of Guy Ritchie's work and this time it's really no different.

I guess my only complaint is that some of the action sequences are just a tad over the top for no real reason, though while I am a fan of gratuitous violence, sometimes it just seems out of place. The brawl at the beginning was pretty awesome, to say the least, the way it was filmed and presented definitely had that Guy Ritchie Touch to it.

He didn't do the screenplay, which you can tell as the story is rather linear with a single main plot (rather then mulitple subplots that revolve around each other) but his presence is noted in some Richie Cliche cinematics.

Some complained that it was nothing like the Sherlock Holmes that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle created, but it was a breath of fresh life in an old character, especially with Downey Jr playing Holmes.

I recommend it, go see it.
    Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 12-26-2009, 09:12 PM.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

I will be seeing this without a doubt
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

I want to see this real bad
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

hmm...perhaps i shall see this...

oh phil! idk if will told you but we finally watched inglorious basterds the other night...twas awesome
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
          hmm...perhaps i shall see this...

oh phil! idk if will told you but we finally watched inglorious basterds the other night...twas awesome
          I did not like that movie at all!
          Last edited by Bigbike; 12-26-2009, 09:19 PM.
          -Caleb

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
            I didnt not like that movie at all!
            Didn't not? Must have really like it then.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
              I didnt not like that movie at all!
              really?!!?

everyone told me it was really gruesome so i stayed away, but we watched it the other night and the only part i couldnt handle was the end but everything else was gewddd
              2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

fixed. I did not like it.
                -Caleb

Comment

2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

i sawr it it was good
                    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                    2001 wj tbd
                    1974 5 ton

Comment

Some of the Conversations in Inglorious Basterds really dragged on, but they had meaning and the dialogue was pretty good if you take the time to dissect it and think about it rather then yawn, but it was all worth it in the end.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                        Some of the Conversations in Inglorious Basterds really dragged on, but they had meaning and the dialogue was pretty good if you take the time to dissect it and think about it rather then yawn, but it was all worth it in the end.
                        agreed. i liked the realism of speaking french and german most of the movie with subtitles with the exception of the americans, british and when they asked to speak english. also who expected to see mike myers? lol
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

just saw it, i really liked it. guy ritchie is my fave director for a reason... even though he didnt write it he was always there, and it worked well. if he wrote it, it wouldnt have been as good i dont think.. not up his alley as far as writing goes. i dont think it would have been as good with robert downey jr narrating it in the 3rd person

jude law did VERY well imho. and damn did rachel mcadams look good. def was the eyeliner.

Comment

Saw it on Christmas... it was pretty good. I def like Lock Stock, Snatch, & RockNRolla alot better though. The theatre fucked up the movie & everyone missed the first 10 minutes, which really pissed me off. Then I saw that movie "Its Complicated" which was also pretty good. The theatre gave us a free ticket too for fuking up Sherlock Holmes for the first 10 minutes. 3 movies for the price of 1 FTW.
                            99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                            http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by BOX View Post
                              Saw it on Christmas... it was pretty good. I def like Lock Stock, Snatch, & RockNRolla alot better though. The theatre fucked up the movie & everyone missed the first 10 minutes, which really pissed me off. Then I saw that movie "Its Complicated" which was also pretty good. The theatre gave us a free ticket too for fuking up Sherlock Holmes for the first 10 minutes. 3 movies for the price of 1 FTW.
                              Lock Stock, Snatch and RocknRolla are better because they were written by Guy Ritchie himself. This story and plotline was the product of someone else, probably because the rights to Sherlock Holmes cost so much to obtain.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X