1981 CJ-5 great starting rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 CJ-5 great starting rig

The 1981 CJ-5 brown RCrocs #123 has retired.
    Has CT Title price will very on how far I get on the build and what you want for parts.
    I stripped all the goodies out axles crawl box ram assist seats fuel injection. So selling the rolling chassis.
    I’m in the middle of putting some stock XJ axles in, and getting it back to stockish drivable.

The chassis is 100% rust free best CJ frame I’ve ever seen. The body was completely rusted out but I lined the whole thing with angle iron and dropped in patch panels only he outside skins were left to look like a beater.
    I have a new nose for the jeep fenders hood and grill. So all you need is the side panels which they sell or make your own it is just flat.
    Has Radiator hoop steering box guard you can have the skid plate and cross members if they work for you.

I can also add suck down winches just need to be bolted back in.

Solid roll cage with welded on roof.

Suspension still there 2” YJ springs front are rubicon express heavy duty and I don’t remember the rear brand, I have spare rubicon leaf set
    Wheel base is 86” (stock 83”) to fit in the RCrocs rules 3” max stretch the rear is actually stretched 5” and front is moved back 2” for 3” total, give better break over angel and longer rear drive shaft.

Still has the 4cly iron duke engine stock carb, very clean internals, 130amp alternator. I was going to install the 4spd back in But I can also sell you the automatic.

Automatic is 90ยบ chevy bell housing 904 which means a chevy 4.3 will bolt right in.
    Auto has 23 spline output jeep T-case bolt pattern transmission also has B&M shifter added lever to limit R-N-D nice for quick reverses. Also has shift kit new clutches and rebuilt torque convert, plated pan with drain. Lokar dipstick and TV cable.

I don’t know what I’m forgetting but if you’re interested give me a call.
    I have a few old pictures if you want more I can get you more.
    Starting price $1800
    Thank you
    ~Justin 203-522-2113 Naugatuck CT

RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts
Working...
X