Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing like a nice set of beads!
    Nice work everyone.
    Dave, I jizz my pants every time i see your welds.

after looking at your welds it makes mine look like this:
    Last edited by justtorchit; 08-06-2013, 05:34 PM.
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

Hmm so that's MIG aluminum? Can you elaborate more on the set up and machine?

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
        after looking at your welds it makes mine look like this:
        x2
        2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
        1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

dizzy, you ever welded aluminum without a spool gun? i have some aluminum stuff i could do on a trailer of mine, just like some extra gussets and supports so not a ton, so i don't want to have to dump money on a spoolgun for such limited use. just wondering if that would be feasible. looks like you've got some serious aluminum experience so i figured i'd ask.
          Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

It's my company's machine. So I don't know if I could use it for side stuff. I would have to check. We had a trailers tailgate get blown clean off yesterday. I had to weld all the brackets back on and tweak the gate. I guess it's still working haven't got a phone call yet lol.

To answer Tom sardo question. It's an esab machine mig/ spool gun. It has leads for both so your not switching the heads at all just flip a switch. Has both tanks for both different types of welding on it as we'll. it's pretty sweet. Yesterday I did that gate, then switched to mig to weld a pto support bracket then back to spool gun to weld mud flap brackets.
            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Lycaon View Post
              x2
              Zachary that is your weld
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Took off work today to do some steering stuff.

97 XJ.

Comment

Hydro tabs

97 XJ.

Comment

Niceeeee! What kind of TIG welder do you have?? I just picked up a Diversion 180, although my tig welds are no where close to what my mig welds look like.....
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Thanks Zullo! Tabs got a little sloppy at the end, and that is one of the prettier passes I made on the tube adapter.

I have a Lincoln VS-155, really small, simple machine. Lift arc, no pedal even. I got it for a screaming deal basically brand new off CL with a bunch of filler rod and 60 cu ft tank. It was a great deal, but I hope to have something like what you have eventually. I need a 211 first though...

Once you get it down, you will never want to MIG again. Well, you still will when you don't feel like a foot of weld taking 4X as long. But on small trinkety kinds of things, you can't beat it.
                      97 XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        Thanks Zullo! Tabs got a little sloppy at the end, and that is one of the prettier passes I made on the tube adapter.

I have a Lincoln VS-155, really small, simple machine. Lift arc, no pedal even. I got it for a screaming deal basically brand new off CL with a bunch of filler rod and 60 cu ft tank. It was a great deal, but I hope to have something like what you have eventually. I need a 211 first though...

Once you get it down, you will never want to MIG again. Well, you still will when you don't feel like a foot of weld taking 4X as long. But on small trinkety kinds of things, you can't beat it.
                        Or when youre drunk
                        2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                        97' zj
                        2012 surbra imperza DD
                        im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

did a few tonight on the springs perch. look pretty shitty compared to the rest of the axle that Zullo did but meh.... it will hold

Comment

You guys have some nice welds I'll post some of mine when I get a chance.
                            I don't have any crazy picture perfect welds. 10 years ago when I work at the race shop I welded everyday I was better then. I'm still shaking the cobwebs off, it's all starting to come back to me.

Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
                            Niceeeee! What kind of TIG welder do you have?? I just picked up a Diversion 180, although my tig welds are no where close to what my mig welds look like.....
                            I just tried gas lenses they make a big difference you might want to try.

That looks like a nice little Tig for the money and it has AC.
                            I probably would have bought that back in the day, but they didn't offer any small Tigs with AC.
                            50lbs my Syncorwave250 is closer to 500lbs and 3times the cost.
                            Duty cycle would kill me. but seriously 20% at 150amps your about 1 amp per inch so 120 for .120 wall, stopping for 8min ever 10min would suck maybe maybe not since I've been welding my chassis it takes a long time to go from one corner to to the other and start welding again. When you are sitting on the bench doing production runs that's where the duty cycle would really come in. Like when I used to weld in tube inserts for 8hrs straight.

Tig is painfully slow I started welding my buggy probably spent 8+ hours welding in the last 2 weeks. And maybe have 1/4 of all the tubes welded.

Especially for out of position welds when your using you knee or the back of your leg to activate the pedal makes it even more challenging, feels like I'm in a yoga class. Then you add there is no place to prop your hand and the weld angle changes drastically in 1" makes it a lot of fun. TIG finger actually really helps (weldingtipsandtricks.com)
                            I tried hand throttle so hard to use I end up dipping my tungsten all the time with it.

Since my jig is wood, it doesn't like the Mig welds splattering all over it. Once it is solid I'll move the chassis onto the concrete and use the Mig on all the gussets and whatnot. I do like TIG better I like to actually watch the welds flow together but it is just so dam slow. And tacking you really need a third hand.

Keep it up
                            ~Justin
                            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

figuring out how this hot glue gun works. hell maybe i'll start getting paid to do it hahahah

Comment

I'll play.

Home-made shackle relocation brackets.

Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

Working...
                                X