No announcement yet.

Project Daddy's Little Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made some good progress today. got the frame all prepped and undercoated. (and by prepped I mean whipped down with a rag because its pretty damn clean to begin with). We went with the 3M undercoat and it turned out great. We finally got a set of axles from a few different sources so thanks to the guys who helped us out . We cleaned them both up and got a set of paint on them. Pete wanted gunmetal covers to match the future paint so we went with that. Didn't do much today on the old body except rip out all the old carpet, get the back seat out, and take out the body bolts (all came out great thankfully).

Last step today was getting the axles under the new body and that we did. the rear just needs the track bar (coming from Qtec) and the front axle needs some bearings, a long side shaft, and a track bar so thats my next project. Other then that the axles are bolted in and ready to go for now. Time to yank the engine next Im sure pete will post more pics

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

D35 - Prepped and painted. It later got a gunmetal cover and some new gear oil. We pulled the cover off and found one of the heads on one of the ring gear bolts had sheered off inside. Took it out and hope it should be ok. Other than that the axle was very clean.

The D30 needed a bit more TLC. We sanded it a lot and painted it black and gunmetal too. As Andrew said, we still have some work to do on it.

How she is sitting now with most of the new arms (need some hardware since the others were too rusty) and new new coils
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

That looks awesome so far!!
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Faaaaancy.

Pretty good progress!
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

shit sorry guys. I had no idea about the sheared ring gear bolt. You should call Ryan and tell him he's an asshole.
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
              shit sorry guys. I had no idea about the sheared ring gear bolt. You should call Ryan and tell him he's an asshole.
              no worries, if it blows up i'll be mad, but until then i'll let it be. no big deal, the thing was clean as hell otherwise.
              P8R

OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Nice work

You should coat the inside of the frame and put a few drain holes in the bottom.

I used Eastwood's internal frame coating on mine.
                2000 TJ

Comment

Made a little progress today. Got the front axle squared away for now. There is a bad U joint in the long side shaft but the bolts for the bearing are stripped out so instead I'm going to wait until I can get it to my shop and have real tools to get the bolts out. So I threw the wheels on and made it moveable at least.

Next I made some progress on the front clip so I can get the motor out. Should make it easier to pull the motor and swap the body this way too.

Just waiting to get an engine stand home from work so I can pull the motor and roll the frame into the garage.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Progress from today. We got the motor pulled and sitting in the new frame. Pulled the seats and cleaned up the inside of the tub to paint it. Next weekend we will sand it and spray it with 3M undercoating. It's what we used 6 years ago and it is still holding up on the floor, so we'll do the whole tub and make it look legit this time.

Transfer case out

We got no engines Ted.

New shocks upfront

Tub all cleaned up. Just need to sand and spray.

Last edited by Pedro; 09-16-2012, 09:59 PM.
                    P8R

Comment

Get some.
                      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                      MK2 Jetta > M3
                      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Stupendous.
                        sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

-Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Since rebuilding this is a big thank you/present to our dad, we are going ahead and adding a few things ourselves. I just ordered a set of JCR Crusader sliders since they were on sale for $250 shipped. Can't beat that I love JCR. Hopefully we can spare a few bucks on some bumpers for this thing to really set it off.

Not to much for updates since we havnt had to much time to work on it. Fuel tank is out and we got a new factory skid since the old one was completely rotted (SHOCKER!!!). All of the suspension is in and bolted up except for the front trackbar. Now we just have to get the tub off the old frame and onto the new one. Anyone wanna help?
                            P8R

Comment

Well, since photobucket is being a dick and doesnt want to work I'll update without pics. We got the JCR Crusader sliders in and they are awesome looking. We got a little work in this weekend. We dropped the old frame out of the bottom and now we just have the tub on jackstands. just have to move it over onto the new frame and we will get it to Andrew's shop to finish up the rest of the odds and ends.
                              P8R

Comment

Made some great progress today. Got the frame underneath and bolted up to the body. It's back to rolling all in one piece again Now it's just down to brake lines, fuel lines, getting the gas tank back up, spraying the interior, and tying up the rest of the loose ends.

Dropping out the old frame

Bye Bye. Hopefully can get a few bucks for all the scrap

Raising it up to get the frame under

Since we didnt have a lift or anything we couldn't really get the tub that high off the ground. So, we had to take the rear coils out and put the rear axle on a dolly to get it low enough to clear under the tub and railroad ties. We also put the smaller front tires back on the front just for extra measure. This is redneck ingenuity at its best, but we really had no other choice.

All the way under.

New Energy Suspension Poly body bushings

Back on its wheels. This made a very refreshing site to see.

Pics of the JCR Sliders

And the tools that made it happen
                                P8R

Comment

Working...
                                X