Transfer case skid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer case skid

I am pretty happy with how it turned out and know it will hold up fine. Although I am not sure if I needed the middle tube on the skid itself for structure or peace of mind.

The holes are 3/8, bolts are 5/16-18, nuts and washers are welded above so installation is very simple with a 1/2 socket, and the cross member is for the clayton LA set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh wow some nice work man. i like it.

Comment

Looks good I just hope you dont have to pull your tcase that piece welded to your unibody rail doesnt look friendly lol
      2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
      97' zj
      2012 surbra imperza DD
      im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Did you think about countersinking the bolts? Might prevent you from shearing bolt heads off.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

whats the thickness of the steel for the skid and the square tubing? I think you will want some kind of support on the passenger side.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
            Looks good I just hope you dont have to pull your tcase that piece welded to your unibody rail doesnt look friendly lol
            I realized after the picture. It is welded above on the larger degree, then i welded it across the acute side.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
              whats the thickness of the steel for the skid and the square tubing? I think you will want some kind of support on the passenger side.
              3/16 plate with 1/8 tube

That was my main concern. If i land on that corner, what kind of moment will it put on the whole assembly? The exhaust is in a real shit spot for passenger side support.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Fairchild View Post
                Did you think about countersinking the bolts? Might prevent you from shearing bolt heads off.
                Yes, but i have had horrible luck with countersunk bolts. My old rear diff cover had countersunk bolts that froze on the taper, made removal impossible and required a torch and grinder. I figured if i have to use a torch and grinder i want to start with vice grips first.

Comment

Working...
                X