Toyota motor cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota motor cars.

Anyone has one....relatively new i mean? Like considering purchase of a 2014-15 corolla with the CVT trans. Reliability... Ease of routine maintenance
    ? Electronic components good and cheap-ish? That kinda stuff. I know Toyota has a generally good standing with quality per dollar but just wondering about some real world input from people I know and trust (even if JP sucks....you guys are awesome) (-ish)
    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

My sister just got a 2015 Camry hybrid and seems to be pretty pleased with it.
    I drove a 2015 non-hybrid rental around for a weekend and was pleased with it also.

Oh, and it had flappy-paddle shifters...

I would say it wouldn't be a bad investment.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

yeah i had one as a rental for 5 days (the corolla i mean), kinda sorta fell in love with it and now im rethinking my daily driver theory LOL tanks for the input
      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
      -Ian

Comment

I work for toyota. The only way to actually have fun.....honestly, is the scion frs... it's not a super fast car, and it's not insanely powerful, but power to weight ratio is pretty good. Easy to get it sideways when you want, handles great other wise. Cheap price too...the new 5spd camrys are awesome
        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
        Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
        he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
        Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
        i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
          I work for toyota. The only way to actually have fun.....honestly, is the scion frs... it's not a super fast car, and it's not insanely powerful, but power to weight ratio is pretty good. Easy to get it sideways when you want, handles great other wise. Cheap price too...the new 5spd camrys are awesome
          not really looking for a "fun" car honestly. I have a Jeep and a motorcycle for that, want something incredibly reliable and economical. i just dont trust modern electronics really...then again im sick of always having a rusty piece of shit to drive every single day of the week. really looking at having a 5 or 6 speed due to how much i love having 3 pedals in the metro as is. but the CVT offers a lot of plusesssess as well. kind of in a tos up right now between the Corolla still and the new Mazda 3 four door. also because im an old granny i need 4 doors.

also looking at the tC...must be front wheel drive for winter conditions etc.
          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
          -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
            not really looking for a "fun" car honestly. I have a Jeep and a motorcycle for that, want something incredibly reliable and economical. i just dont trust modern electronics really...then again im sick of always having a rusty piece of shit to drive every single day of the week. really looking at having a 5 or 6 speed due to how much i love having 3 pedals in the metro as is. but the CVT offers a lot of plusesssess as well. kind of in a tos up right now between the Corolla still and the new Mazda 3 four door. also because im an old granny i need 4 doors.

also looking at the tC...must be front wheel drive for winter conditions etc.
            You need four doors, and want a TC. At least you'll fit in with the high school girls. New mazdas are great. New toyotas are great. Both will last forever, get the one with with the best warranty.
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

just a thought, but I got my civic hybrid for 2300 bucks with a bad battery, another 2500 for a battery and you have yourself a super economical, basic, usable 50 MPG beast. As long as the car is in good shape like good interior and body so that you're happy with it every day since they are old (~03). Just a suggestion if you're interested.
              Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                You need four doors, and want a TC. At least you'll fit in with the high school girls. New mazdas are great. New toyotas are great. Both will last forever, get the one with with the best warranty.
                well the tC was one i was considering just cause its kinda neat...cheap too. and my only wish is to fit in with all the high school girls anyhow LOL

like the warranty idea.

Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
                just a thought, but I got my civic hybrid for 2300 bucks with a bad battery, another 2500 for a battery and you have yourself a super economical, basic, usable 50 MPG beast. As long as the car is in good shape like good interior and body so that you're happy with it every day since they are old (~03). Just a suggestion if you're interested.
                currently driving a 99 metro with no power options or power steering....55hp and 3 cylinders. im almost positive even a stripped back 03 will be a huge step up haha
                -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                -Ian

Comment

2000 honda insight, you can mod them to get 85 mpg
                  2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
                  1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Originally posted by Lycaon View Post
                    2000 honda insight, you can mod them to get 85 mpg
                    very neat car. plus if i really wanted to with aero, cam, and engine mods i can make the metro do 85......... if i really want. however i dont lol
                    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                    -Ian

Comment

I have a 2011 Camry as a company car and it is a good little car. Boring as all hell though. 4 cyl needs more balls but it gets 28mpg and I beat the shit out of it. All I have done is change the oil/fluids when necessary and the filters when necessary. Basic maintenance will make these cars last 300k+ easily.

With that being said, I cant wait to get something new in a few months because it is almost to its replacement date/mileage. I am looking into a Subaru. AWD and 28mpg? Ill take it. Not sure why you havent looked into a legacy, impreza, or forester or something along those lines

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                        I have a 2011 Camry as a company car and it is a good little car. Boring as all hell though. 4 cyl needs more balls but it gets 28mpg and I beat the shit out of it. All I have done is change the oil/fluids when necessary and the filters when necessary. Basic maintenance will make these cars last 300k+ easily.

With that being said, I cant wait to get something new in a few months because it is almost to its replacement date/mileage. I am looking into a Subaru. AWD and 28mpg? Ill take it. Not sure why you havent looked into a legacy, impreza, or forester or something along those lines
                        28mpg not enough. plus it seems every old guy(Patron)o or hipster(Ranaldo) has one....
                        -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                        -Ian

Comment

Fuck these subarus, I'll sell you a wrx
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

98 tdi yo. 50 mpgs 90 hp boom. Fuck new shit. You'll fit in with the HS honeys too for sure. I even went to a high school party last weekend. I felt like Landfill in Beer Fest.

Last edited by wannabejeep; 01-06-2015, 08:52 PM.
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                              Fuck these subarus, I'll sell you a wrx
                              You already sold me a pile..... LOL
                              -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                              -Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X