No announcement yet.

dana 44 price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd also be interested to hear some real experiences with inner air locks. I'd love to keep my aluminum wheels and not worry about popping beads.

I also might be interested in the air locks and/or rims if Jon doesn't want them
    97 XJ.

Comment

what do have for rim size Harry? And front brake setup/fitment with wheels and what not? I am much more motivated to stay with a 15" wheel and do the smaller brakes with some grinding. I didn't even get calipers on this axle so I can get a kit to do 3/4 brakes which would turn out nice if the dual pistons require far too much grinding. I read somewhere that an 82 caliper from ford requires much less grinding though so I guess I'll see what turns out to work best when I get there.
      Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Yes 16 tires rims and inner air locks.

Inner air locks work I never popped a bead.

My first set of inner air locks were to narrow and I was having problems popping tubes. He sent me out a free set of wider ones which solved the issue, so I put him down as a sponsor.

I like the concept light and can be used on any rim. Just drill a hole so if you bend a rim just swap it. If you bolt pattern changes just need new cheap rims. Plus DOT legal, not like the weld on ones. If you don't want to run them anymore you just need to weld up the hole.

The air cushion is nice to keep you from pinching your tire on the rim.

I tried they do fit over 16.5" rims, never mounted them though.

These tires.
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I've got 16" rims on stock dual piston calipers. One nice thing about the later ball joint axles is the bolt on calipers.
          97 XJ.

Comment

ya I think mine has some kind of funky brake mounting apparatus. Not sure how it works or what it is yet but it seems to be boltless from what I've read. HAve to look into it some more. Where did you go to get your axle shaft shortened Harry? I'm gonna need to do that to mine. I found a site with a guy who sells drive flanges, stub shafts, custom shaft stuff, joints, etc and he wants like 235 to make a new custom length shaft out of 4340 so that seems like a decent deal to me. He wants 100 for a 35 spline stub shaft and 190 for the 35 spline drive flange set I think. Probably will end up doing something like that.

Comment

dana 44 price

I bought my front sixty for 100$ plus $50 pulling charge
              OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
              General Tires are

Comment

dana 44 price

Mitchell Differential made me a custom length 4340 inner shaft, ran me $273 to my door. With shipping factored in, it was the cheapest place I could find to do it. USA standard stubs and short side inner were all around $80-90ea for 35 spline 4340 stuff on Rock Auto, but Dan may be able to do a little better than that actually. Got my Solid drive flanges with the nice removable slug feature through a friend in their race program for $180. I can see if I can get you a set the next time they order, but I don't think they were that much more on the Solid website.
                97 XJ.

Comment

Ya all those prices sounds about exactly what I was looking at. So you have all 35 spline 4340 stuff all around then it looks like. Sounds like the exact route I'll take. I looked at RCV and their custom length shafts are like double the price of the standard ones so that is not happening. This stuff will never get broken by me anyway. After that I'll have to grab an ARB or OX or Zip locker and figure out this screwy brake situation I've got going on. Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

I thought RCVs didn't cost more for custom lengths, just spline count. In any event, 35 spline 4340 stuff with Spicer 806s will be more than adequate for your use.
                    97 XJ.

Comment

I think you're right, but I was under the impression it was a lot cheaper in general. Jon got his for like $1000 (for a dnaa 30) but for a dana 60 set they want about 2300 bucks! I had no idea it would be so much more to step up axles that is just way too much I think to be worth it.

Comment

I ran moser shafts not the most common but was the easiest to order custom length.
                        All moser shafts are cut to order so no price difference.
                        $252.50 for inner shafts.
                        Moser has 10year warranty but not sure if it covers front axles.
                        I got 4 custom shafts in a week. Or just upgrade the one axle shaft for now.
                        That is an relative easy upgrade to do once things are together and working.
                        http://www.moserengineering.com/part...r-shaft-2.html

You can look at extreme axle sales, they will respline shafts. and have good deal on stuff. They always sponsor RCrocs.
                        http://www.extremeaxlesales.com/

If I had to do it again I would probably get 10 factory or Yukon something with a good warranty. Not that you need it much. But I don't know how easy it is to get custom length shafts.
                        Last edited by customcreationsllc; 12-23-2014, 01:09 PM.
                        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
                        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

OK, thanks for the advice. I officially measured this axle at 69 wms yesterday. It will need to be shortened likely. It would be nice to not have to. I think I'll shorten it 5 inches and that'll put me a bit wider than currently. Should be solid. I saw your mods on your site with the shave and custom diff cover Justin. I thought those were really nicely done I'd definitely like to shave this seeing as how I'll run 35s just not positive if it is worth it. Seems like quite a bit of work to me. What did you use to cut the center section?

Comment

IMO shaving the axle was way more work than it was worth.
                            I saved 1" in one local spot.
                            I think the most beneficial part was the ramp it created since I sunk the bolts on the bottom.

But if you have the time then why not. Every inch counts.

I would suggest just modifying a fabricated diff cover. The one I built took way too long. Two long full days to build the two covers.

Mine never leaked a droop.
                            Key in my opinion is a compliant flange. the ones you buy are 3/8 thick but at least machined flat.
                            The one I made was 1/8" so when it wasn't flat you just torque down the bolt and the flange flattens out.
                            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                              I would agree wholeheartedly EXCEPT he said he is 100% committed to staying on 35s. I think if you can look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you'll never ever want to go bigger than 35s, blinged 44 is a great option. If he changes his mind down the road, then we can all point and say "I told you so"

I just reread this.... I think I know who you are talking about
                              OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
                              General Tires are

Comment

Not necessarily haha. That's advice I give everyone... I probably gave it to you too.
                                97 XJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X