No announcement yet.

Might be coming back, need schooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With this fender flare thing, I kinda was looking for a good (technical) reason why I shouldn't get them.

I learned (the hard way) that trying to keep up with what's "cool" or "accepted" is usually more expensive and makes your jeep look like everyone else's. Had to learn that in the SRT world, lol i still get made fun of for black trim and stock headlights. I'm the only "un cool" guy without those terrible retrofit projectors and color matched belt trim.

If it's exclusively about taste or looks, I think I'll have to just be the goofy dude with the ugly flares.

Side note: If you were holding back because you're worried I'm gonna be a noob and get butthurt over being told my idea is uncool, you don't know me too good.
    -Doug

Used to wheel.... now..... not so much....

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      Oh I thought you wanted to replace the carpet completely. My mistake. Yeah, if you pull the carpet up you should be able to save it and bedline the floor underneath and throw the carpet back over it. That's what I did.
      Awesome, thanks man. Let's see what comes out once I'm sure this bitch doesn't have a blown motor and it'll pass inspection!
      -Doug

Comment

the problem with bush whacker flares is they crack pretty easy when rubbed around trees / rocks
        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
        eliminator MJ - Sold
        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
          the problem with bush whacker flares is they crack pretty easy when rubbed around trees / rocks
          well that sounds shitty. Those AJ's ones are cheaper and have a jeep parked on top of them in the pic... maybe that's a better choice?
          -Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Mangi Hill View Post
            With this fender flare thing, I kinda was looking for a good (technical) reason why I shouldn't get them.

I learned (the hard way) that trying to keep up with what's "cool" or "accepted" is usually more expensive and makes your jeep look like everyone else's. Had to learn that in the SRT world, lol i still get made fun of for black trim and stock headlights. I'm the only "un cool" guy without those terrible retrofit projectors and color matched belt trim.
            It's a grand cherokee thing. Even in the wj world they LOVE eBay hid/projector whateverthefucktheyare headlights and tail lights. I don't get it. I think stock looks so much better.

*except for Nicole's tails. Those are sique.

And as they said bushwhackers crack. And are gay. If you are set on bushwhackers, get the flat fender ones. Way cooler IMO.
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

ha it's totally a grand cherokee thing. I hate the ebay headlights.

I kinda am a fan of the pocket style. Something tells me it's not SIS approved, but what can I do

http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/produ...roductid=17583

Those look to be stronger, cheaper, and look the same. Anyone had bad experience?
              -Doug

Comment

Don't think anyone has them here.
                P8R

OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Makes sense cuz they are ugly

so I was thinking about when i had the 231 in my ZJ. After the 249 failed on me.

I can't remember how you switch from one setting to another. Do i remember something about putting the trans in neutral while the jeep is rolling under 5MPH or something crazy? im such a noob.
                  -Doug

Comment

Mn, we haven't had newb questions like this in awhile. Makes me feel like we are a real JeepForum again!

For 4lo yes, neutral while slowly rolling, yank lever, voila.
                    P8R

Comment

what about from 2H to 4H? I swear that's the end of my noob questions.

Also, whats the biggest tire i can fit...... I can't even finish the question. LOL I had to....
                      -Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Mangi Hill View Post
                        what about from 2H to 4H? I swear that's the end of my noob questions.

Also, whats the biggest tire i can fit...... I can't even finish the question. LOL I had to....
                        No more then 31's without a 6" lift

Comment

Shit, thats a problem cuz my 30" rimz need a 2" tire.....
                          -Doug

Comment

Friend of mine used lawn edging for flares. I think it turned out pretty good and was really cheap to do.

Comment

ha thats awesome
                              -Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                                It's a grand cherokee thing. Even in the wj world they LOVE eBay hid/projector whateverthefucktheyare headlights and tail lights. I don't get it. I think stock looks so much better.

*except for Nicole's tails. Those are sique.

And as they said bushwhackers crack. And are gay. If you are set on bushwhackers, get the flat fender ones. Way cooler IMO.
                                mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                                2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                                and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Working...
                                X