Tax Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Returns

This boggles my mind year after year, but maybe I'm not just getting it.

How do you people view your tax return? Are you going to spend or save it?

Would you rather pay more throughout the year, then get a check at the end OR would you rather pay less during the year and have to owe money to the government come April 15th?

you mean to tell me my tax return isnt free money out of nowhere????

i owe over 2 grand to the gubmint in taxes...the wonders of self employment!

but anyone owes that much already, they just overpay and get back their own money. i think people somehow forget that.

whenever i used to get a tax return of any kind id just save it or use it like i would any other money i make...those days are gone though methinks
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

I told my boss that if he could get me the most amount of money per paycheck without me having to pay come tax time, I'd be a happy guy. Last year I got $50 back and this year I got just over $200 back. Went right into checking and helped pay for rent.

I'm happy with it because I don't get some massive lump sum in March or April. I save throughout the year anyway, so it would be no different when I got it. I just like having more money per paycheck.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Yeah I got $100 bucks back because I claim 6 or 7 dependents at one of my jobs

Comment

Up until this year i had to pay 2 states so they took out a lot and i still had to pay about $200. Finally i claimed only nj and got a return. Spent a little of it but saved the rest
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

got a shitload taken out of my paychecks. probably around 7k. only got about 1600 back. womp womp.
            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

I got back 2400 and spent it on a DD and other good stuff.
              dirty30

Comment

i got almost everything back, which was NICE.

This year it goes directly into the savings account. It'll probably buy my trailer when the times comes.
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

This year I bought the government a low mileage 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD or a used high mileage ram diesel.

Working out of the country rocks
                  I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

i should add thank god for write offs!
                    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Our return check went right into our savings accounts. I'd be fine without getting as much back if it meant a little bigger paycheck throughout the year.

Comment

I claim myself and what i get is what i get. This year i got 950 and i bought coilovers.
                        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
                          I claim myself and what i get is what i get. This year i got 950 and i bought coilovers.
                          You claim yourself......oh Dizzy....Dizzy....Dizzy....Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                            You claim yourself......oh Dizzy....Dizzy....Dizzy....Dizzy
                            I suppor myself i buy my own food pay my own bills hence dependent.
                            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
                              I suppor myself i buy my own food pay my own bills hence dependent.
                              Oh I just thought there was a clause about having to buy your own car or something. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X