No announcement yet.

Might be coming back, need schooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trusted someone I shouldn't have trusted, got burned. My fault. Learned a valuable lesson. Luckily it wasn't SUPER expensive....
    -Doug

Used to wheel.... now..... not so much....

Comment

Originally posted by Mangi Hill View Post
      Trusted someone I shouldn't have trusted, got burned. My fault. Learned a valuable lesson. Luckily it wasn't SUPER expensive....
      Details?
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
        Details?
        X2
        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
        Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
        he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
        Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
        i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

fine.... but I will have to explain from A to Z, im pretty embarrassed about how much of a push-over I am.

August 5, I bought the jeep from a buddy (a good buddy)

We dropped it (not running) at a shop owned by another buddy (not so good buddy)

The plan was for me to come to the shop after work and on weekends to rebuild it and get it running. I'd pay him for his time, but at a drastically reduced rate, as I would be doing most of the work. We were friends, so we expected to have fun, drink, work, etc.

Within the first week, i had come over a couple times, we gutted the interior, the carpet was shot.

After week 1, we had a good inventory of the road ahead of us.

Motor rebuild (freeze plugs had blown, head needed to be checked for cracks)
          floor replacement (rust everywhere)
          front and read brakes
          both front ball joints

We put together a parts list, for which I gave him $700 up front. After we figured out how much work was involved, things went down hill. I'd text him asking if i could come in on this weekend, or this weeknight. He would wait days to respond and told me he was too busy.

After a month, it's September, he finally lets me come pull the head, I did it, we sent it out, pressure test, head's good. Game on, let's do this.

He proceeds to push me off from September until the end of October. Every week he'd promise "we will get it done next week" "End of September, you'll have it" "October" etc.

Finally, Nov 1, I show up at the shop, and tell him how I feel. I told him I felt like he was pushing me off, putting me on the back burner, and that I was upset that I'd given him $700 up front (in august) for parts that he hadn't yet ordered. (Warning sign #205 that I ignored because I'm a big bitch.)

He apologizes, orders the parts that week, promises end of november. Here's the kicker, he changes from letting me do the work to wanting me to pay him to do it all, invoice and all. I bent over like I always do and took it. I needed this jeep for the winter, I had no time to get to the shop, life got busy. I was screwed and he knew it.

All of october goes by with more empty promises. "It's going on the lift tomorrow" blah blah blah.

Finally, honeymoon starts Nov 27th. I came to see him the Monday before. He swore, when I get home in 10 days (Dec 9th) It'll be done and ready to register. He had broken every promise before this, but my big, goofy, wavy, push-over, bitch ass let him have another chance, like the loser I am.

Dec 9th. I text him in the AM, ready with all of the paperwork, let's git-r-done. 4 hours go by before he texts me and tells me he won't be done until tomorrow. (dec 10th.)

I was off all day, nothing better to do, I dropped in on him on the 9th. The Jeep was sitting out in the lot completely un touched. Completely, sitting the way it was sitting on Sept 1st.

I lost my shit. I'm a nice guy.... but I went off on this dude. He starts screaming at me that he asked for one more day. He said I'm being unreasonable and that if I had waited until tomorrow, he'd have had it done. Look at the list above, he was going to have it done? I told him it's been 5 months, $700, 10 written and broken promises, I'm done being his bitch.

That's where we currently stand. I'm a jerk for getting mad that every time I went to the shop he had a new car to work on, but somehow he didn't have time for mine. I'm the jerk for being unreasonable over 24 hours, because I already have a daily driver, how can I be mad? The Jeep is sitting, every single part to finish it sits inside it. I have nowhere to take it, no time if I did. I need to somehow sell a torn down project XJ. (BTW, my IDIOT ASS spent a total of $1500 by this point on the jeep, the parts, etc.)

That's the story. It's embarrassing, made me take a long, hard look at myself. This kind of thing won't soon happen again.
          -Doug

Comment

Pictures, cuz it happened.

-Doug

Comment

Damn that sounds familiar...
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
              X