TJ A/C ISSUES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ A/C ISSUES

So, I am having a few issues with my 2003 TJ, I plan on selling it in the near future, I disconnected the battery when I went back home last month so it wouldn't die on me but then after reconnecting it and my wife driving it the a/c and heater are no long functioning. Just want to know if anyone else has had this issue. I quick searched this section of the forum and found nothing.

- Hillary for gitmo 2016 -

Is the fan working at all? Have you checked fuses.

Comment

I was going to say that your problem was that you have AC in a TJ... but that was before I see that you are in Hawaii

I would guess that its your fan not getting any power. That's what happened in my 97 TJ. My issue was that the actual ignition switch went (or is starting to go) bad. I was just going to pull the fan and wire it to a switch, but its been 11 years and I still haven't fixed the issue. Heats for chumps after all.

An easy way that I noticed that the auxiliary power wasn't getting to where it should was that the climate control panel wasn't lighting up at all. not saying it couldn't be a fuse or relay either, but my issue was in the column.

Good luck.
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

calvynandhobbs, yes I check the fuses in the engine bay first. those where all sat. I dont hear the fans engaging either, that what ill check next.

HitItWithSomeSpeed, I agree honestly it doesnt bother me at all rip off the top and its good to go but I'am gonna sell this sucker in a few months and just want it to be tip top.
        I gotta get a wire diagram and follow it.

Comment

Bump its a vacuum line leak I don't think Im getting enough suction to open the dampers for the center console vents.

Comment

Working...
          X