Anyone call up radio stations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone call up radio stations?

I'm a big fan of 106.9 and i call up every once in a while. I've only gotten my call answered once before and my request didn't get answered until a couple hours later when i was asleep.

I called up tonight for the hell of it and surprisingly 35-40 minutes later i hear my voice come on with my request. Kinda got pumped not even lieing The main thing that surprised me was that i thought the requests voices were live, i guess not, first time i've had my voice on the radio.

Never done it. Thats pretty freaken sweet though
    Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Radio eh? Good times

Comment

I've never gotten through. One day around 5 on Friday they were live from a bar and taking stories of the best place you ever took a piss. I must have tried for 45 minutes to get my story of pissing over Niagra Falls into them.
        2000 XJ
        2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

The only station i call up is 106.9 but i imagine it's the same for every station. The only time i've gotten through is late at night. Plenty of times i've tried during the day/afternoon and it's almost impossible, i usually give up.

Comment

i call up 106.9 all the time to try and win tickets. its by far the best station on radio btw. but the only time i ever got on was at like 3 am and it was a request like a year ago. i find it awesome that they have a dj there all the time, not like any of the corporate stations and they play straight up good shit love CCC
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

ohhh and even at 3 in the morning it wasn't live, they used it after the next commercial breal. but yea it is pretty sweet hearing yourself on the radio.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
                ohhh and even at 3 in the morning it wasn't live, they used it after the next commercial breal. but yea it is pretty sweet hearing yourself on the radio.
                I guess because it's the radio they have to edit out some stuff. You probably weren't listening but i requested scream by avenged and only the first part of my call made it on. After my request i talked to the DJ (i think it was rick at the time) for about 30 seconds about how i fucked up and called 203 instead of 860 and the voicemail of that guy specifically says "this is not wccc, do not leave a message blah blah." Rick was like yea i actually left that guy a message about that...

Comment

hahahaha that sucks to have that number. its kinda like having 867-5309 as a number. i couldn't even imagine

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

ive been on a buncha times for some kids radio show, i was on TRL once when it first started and was a half hour show at like 930 at night lol
                    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                    J10 project do want.
                    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

jerry bransford has been live on the radio..... ive heard him
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
                        hahahaha that sucks to have that number. its kinda like having 867-5309 as a number. i couldn't even imagine
                        in rhode island its gem plumbing
                        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                          jerry bransford has been live on the radio..... ive heard him

were they talking about socal rocks and tacos????

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

I tried requesting the song "we come from the land down under" and the station wouldn't play it. Ever since that day I've been too depressed to call.
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

Where women glow and men plunder?
                              2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                              J10 project do want.
                              "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Working...
                              X