Clear All

• Glad I dont live in North Dakota

-40*

Nice.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

agreed
      I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

looks a wee bit chilly

Comment

f00k dat.

Comment

i had to work out on the line today, it was only 30 * and I had no gloves on. I cant imagine having to work on any jet in -40* weather.

Comment

Great place to visit and go hunting though!

Comment

one would assume there is a substantial amount of ice buildup in that kind of weather on an aircraft no? do they even fly in that kind of weather?

Comment

Yeah, no thanks.
                  -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                    one would assume there is a substantial amount of ice buildup in that kind of weather on an aircraft no? do they even fly in that kind of weather?
                    no clue, i know they have deicing machines that spray shit on the jets, and they have people who clear the runways. Not sure if they fly in weather like that though.

Comment

wow im cold just looking at that
                      2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                      J10 project do want.
                      "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

i'll take it, it would be just like being back at Clarkson U. just a couple degrees colder, it got to -35 up there
                        -Ryan

Rigs:
                        07 Toyota Tacoma, 4.0L V6, 6spd Man., 3" Susp. Lift on 33x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Plenty of Light and Exhaust mods too - SOLD IT!!
                        94 Toyota Pickup/w'93 yota body, 3.0L V6, 5spd Man., Body swapped, Removeable Doors, Rear Locker, 36x13-16 Bias TSLs on 16x7" steel wheels, rock sliders, Custom bed and start of Roll Cage

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post

When I was stationed in Johnstown it would get like that and we would still fly, with helicopters its a little different though. the area of the runway where the Helo is sitting has to be completely cleared of ice or it just spins like a top. It really fucking sucks though cuz when the bird launches sometimes we are right in the prop wash so the windchill goes to like - 1 billion. and the flight line guys which are the guys you always see running around waving there arms like a crack head get the worst of it. I dont know how many times I saw a flightliner giving lift off signals not being able to cover himself and once the bird gets to full torque all the ice starts to fly up and BAM flightliner gets nailed in the balls with a giant chunk of ice

oh and the helos have deicers on them, if those arent working then flight is a no go
                          You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

yuck
                            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                              Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
                              X