Stupid Banks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Banks

So I try opening up an online account with HSBC since the rates are higher than my current savings. I look and see that their 6-month CD rate is at 2.25% which is cool since my current savings account is only 1.1% at Bank of America. I apply and all goes well until I go to register for the online account setup so I can view everything. After 10 minutes of being on hold the woman basically calls me stupid because I tell her I applied for the Online CD and she is telling me that I applied for the regular one. After talking over me and not listening to what I say giving me directions through the site to show me what I did wrong I finally get her to put me on hold just for her to come back and say that I was correct. Gotta love customer service

oh man sure you wanna leave your money with them? lol

i just moved my CD over to an ING savings so I can add monies into it each week
    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
    J10 project do want.
    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

woooooow. i hate banks.

it used to be when i would deposit checks at the tell er the money would never appear in my account, and i forgot the date n stuff and it was like $20 so i let it slide, but hating my bank. but then a year later I put in a bigger check and it never appeared. so I go in there to bitch them out and they are like, oh we see you have 3 accounts, i didn't have card access to that account, but since I had occasionally deposited into it it had like $200 in it. i was like hell yes and stayed with hem. weird I know

Comment

I'm only making 1.35% on my Bank of America CD. Damn... that sucks.
        99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
        http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

I overdrew my Peoples checking account a few weeks back for the first time and they hammered me for 65 dollars. I overdrew $5.37. I went in there and bitched and they wouldn't budge on the charges so I payed my fees and closed the account.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

OWNT

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

adam banks?
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

wow they didn't budge? i had like over 200 bucks in overdraft fees over an actual money amount of like 35 bucks. i went in and didn't even bitch and lakeland said just pay the 35 bucks and they dropped the fees
                2 tj's
                3 yj's
                2 xj's
                i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                  adam banks?
                  QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!

no they were dead set on F-ing me in the A
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by BOX View Post
                    Yeah they have decent rates right now. They have an online savings of 2.45% too but I figured .2% less for a fixed rate was worth it for the portion I want in my CD and I'm eventually going to switch the rest of my savings over there as well to take advantage of that

Comment

i use FNBO for my online savings and they pay 2.60%
                      99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

Originally posted by BOX View Post
                        wow seriously?? TD Banks are better than that, tahts who i was with, and now i went over to ING who is even betterrrr
                        J10 project do want.

Comment

Originally posted by Quartney View Post
                          wow seriously?? TD Banks are better than that, tahts who i was with, and now i went over to ING who is even betterrrr
                          Timeout. you have savings act? Don't you have big studint loans?
                          99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                          http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

yes, my student loans are 414.71 a month, i pay 500, but i have a savings acount too....why wouldnt i? i need some backup incase something happens that i need it for
                            J10 project do want.

Comment

Working...
                            X