I'd put this in tech, buuuuttt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd put this in tech, buuuuttt...

I feel like there isn't enough traffic on here anymore that anyone would check there.

I need to lift my WJ a little to fix a clearance issue. I WILL be keeping it as a daily driver, and never really wheel it. So nothing crazy. I need at least an inch, but might be willing to go up to 2.5", no higher tho.

I can do it with a puck kit, but for like an extra hundred I've seen a kit or two with springs and shocks (which I need new shocks anyway). I want ride quality more than anything. So would LCAs be worth doing also? I don't know what the hell I'm doing, its not a wrangler after all.

Also, there's not a lot of selection I'm seeing in terms of what's available for the WJ, so anybody have any ideas?
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Depending on your budget you could do an old man emu kit which would ride very nicely and only be about 2" of lift, or a rough country or iron rock lift. Not sure if you need to bother with control arms for that height or not but I don't know wjs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

I hate to recommend them, but rustys makes a 2.5" kit. Their springs are made by PAC, so they are decent. Shocks, well, you've been into wheeling long enough to know the quality of them.

Fat Bobs garage has a similar 2.5" kit.

IRO makes a 3" that is decent as well, but if you're just looking for a bit of clearance I wouldn't bother going that much.

Or a budget boost. Go steal the one off Nicole's WJ.
      Last edited by Pedro; 05-28-2017, 03:22 PM.
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

i did a budget boost (fat bobs) and replaced the shocks on my WJ. always liked how it felt and never considered really doing anything else.
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Working...
        X