No announcement yet.

Lord of the Banhammers | June 22nd, 2014 | Mabell, MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dizzy. You do gatekeeper to the top of committed. Ill do gatekeeper, the big ledge in the middle, and go around and up committed.
    You beat me. I will pay you an extra $100 cash.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Originally posted by DizzDizz View Post
      I love how you have taken over this dan. Made this work 100%for your ri. I mean what do I know I'm not in the 0.03% that wheels.
      He said in this thread if he wins he will give the prize to the next competitor. I have done mabell on many set ups, and mostly very simliar to yours, and gotten up most obsacles, and driven home. No excuses.
      Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
      I strongly feel the course should be easier rather than harder, to accommodate more people.

Easier isnt always bad, if theres one thing ive learned working with racing so much, the difficulty comes from the stopwatch, not the single obstacles. All the most successful grassroots racing is rooted in attainability

A day spent racing beats a day spent trail fixing
      I can totally see that but if its about time I can take the go arounds and be up in 20 minutes. there needs to be some challange.
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
        Stop being a pussy. Apparently I have to take over or you guys are going to end up having a race across the parking lot so you can make it home.
        Are you guys done swinging dicks yet? You aren't taking over anything.

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
        I can totally see that but if its about time I can take the go arounds and be up in 20 minutes. there needs to be some challange.
        There is challenge, it is a timed race. You guys remind me of all the whiners in Ultra4 that complain the courses arent hard enough, and then when they get made difficult it becomes a shitshow and everyone complains about that. How long do we want to be racing for? 40-70 minute runs is going to be a paint drying session. IMO 20 minutes should be the absolute maximum anyway. We will probably have ~10 "entries", and more people there that just want to wheel. 3-4 or so hours of "racing" should be the goal.

In reality, in my opinion the race shouldnt even be to the top. It is just going to be long periods of standing around with a stop watch not seeing anything just waiting. It should be like Crawl Daddy. Pick one solid stretch and set the gates. It can allow some harder stuff to get your guys' dicks wet, and also be more exciting to watch/be a part of.

A shootout beats an endurance race in this case.
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Fuck off
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Dizzy. You do gatekeeper to the top of committed. Ill do gatekeeper, the big ledge in the middle, and go around and up committed.

You beat me. I will pay you an extra $100 cash.

Way to make a beef out of a club run...

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by Robin Fairchild View Post

Best part is I probably won't even go. One I'm not in the 0.03% that actually wheels. Two I have life other than wheeling even though I love it, three I already have my summer schedule planned out.
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

• Wow. And wow
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Stop being a pussy. .
                  You were a massive fucking pussy sitting there at the bottom of Jotters for 15 minutes looking at it rather than wheeling it, so watch how you swing that e-penis around.

Ok, reality time, we could essentially hit every rock ledge on Mabell and honestly, for the amount of people that will be going, it will take literally all day. We don't normally get there until 11-12 and then it takes us an hour or so. Yeah, I know, at the beginning we all said how we were going to make this the hardest race out there but some of us don't trailer our shit so a catastrophic failure results in just a headache. Also, we have to take into account someone breaking on the trail because then it becomes a paint drying fest. Yeah, we can swap out an axle shaft in 20 minutes, but that's 20 minutes of nothing happening and there are still 5 more people to wheel. This isn't a weekend event, it's a single afternoon. Want a perfect course where everyone can see it? Right after the fork to the top, it's manageable for all rigs and I'm sure some people will hammer the fuck down between those waterfalls. You can literally see everything from the sides right there and it makes the job of doing the times a lot easier. If you want to run committed and gatekeeper have at it. We also have to take into account of other people being out there on the trail and if we have a massive starting line clogging the trail, it's going to be bad news bears for us and whoever else is out there.

So cut it with the fucking dick waving you fucking clowns, petty bickering like this is why no one fucking posts here any more.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Well that went well
                      Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robin Fairchild View Post

Whos making a beef? Dizzy and I are friends. All of a sudden he cant take a little ball breaking?
                        Yes Phil, I was a bitch at Jotters. I have been a bitch on a few things. Then people pushed me to do new stuff and it made me better. If no one was breaking my balls to do half the stuff Ive done it would probably never happen.
                        There is no excuse not to do gatekeeper. If you honestly have that big of a problem with it than its fine. I will never push anyone past what they are comfortable with, but its doable, and if you do it you will feel awesome. Just like I did the first time.
                        I figured a little side bet and incentive to get you up to do it would keep it interesting.
                        Anyway, like I said, I wouldnt take the money for winning IF I did because thats not fair. But Id like to do it for fun anyway and throw my part in.
                        Will, I do like the idea of having one section though so it can happen as a group with everyone there. Maybe the top of the big ledge, or from the ledge up to the top of that last big ledge with the step on the left with the tree in it. Even that would be interesting timed.
                        Dan.
                        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                        www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Who the fuck is Dan McPhearson?
                            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                              You were a massive fucking pussy sitting there at the bottom of Jotters for 15 minutes looking at it rather than wheeling it, so watch how you swing that e-penis around.

Ok, reality time, we could essentially hit every rock ledge on Mabell and honestly, for the amount of people that will be going, it will take literally all day. We don't normally get there until 11-12 and then it takes us an hour or so. Yeah, I know, at the beginning we all said how we were going to make this the hardest race out there but some of us don't trailer our shit so a catastrophic failure results in just a headache. Also, we have to take into account someone breaking on the trail because then it becomes a paint drying fest. Yeah, we can swap out an axle shaft in 20 minutes, but that's 20 minutes of nothing happening and there are still 5 more people to wheel. This isn't a weekend event, it's a single afternoon. Want a perfect course where everyone can see it? Right after the fork to the top, it's manageable for all rigs and I'm sure some people will hammer the fuck down between those waterfalls. You can literally see everything from the sides right there and it makes the job of doing the times a lot easier. If you want to run committed and gatekeeper have at it. We also have to take into account of other people being out there on the trail and if we have a massive starting line clogging the trail, it's going to be bad news bears for us and whoever else is out there.

So cut it with the fucking dick waving you fucking clowns, petty bickering like this is why no one fucking posts here any more.
                              I would more than likely do that. Rather than the whole trail and have to drive a folded in half xj to work Monday
                              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

• Ummm. Idk why anyone is picky about what the coarse should be. As far as I know Phil tossed 20 bucks into the pot, just so he could mark the course out. So I say just surprise us!

I mean if I'm Pinning it to win it.... I'd rather not do committed or gatekeeper simply because I'm tall as fuck and will roll if I'm not careful. I've done everything there before and it takes me some time. If that's part of the coarse I'm going to take my time and I'll be like the boring dude in a KOH race winching every pebble. I can take my time on the hard shit while I'm there anyways and others are bombing the course.

Who says you can't do the hard shit while your there anyways?

Shut it bitches!
                                Phil, make the course!
                                Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                                some people choose video games
                                some choose projects
                                some choose welding random things together

Comment

Working...
                                X