Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhhh this god damn kid who built this jeep did everything wrong

got this fun surprise today

no bearings in there at all and most of the caps were worn through. the "slip" section of the driveshaft doesn't move at all and took 20min with a dead blow to get off and was packed with dirt it seems. i really should light this on fire and start over with a stocker.
    going to be on the phone with Tom Woods come monday

Comment

I dig that idea! But that is a lot of $$$
      OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
      General Tires are

Comment

What is? Tom Woods shaft is only like $300.

Comment

what shafts do you need i have some i can bring with me when i grab that jeep

Comment

The spidertrax axle housing. It would be a sweet build though. Tom woods shafts are nice.

General Tires are

Comment

I'm leaning towards a currie housing, I hav have them put the spindles in for the rear so it's ready to go and I don't have to dick with making sure it's straight. Wouldn't add too much to the total.

The ford 9 in there now is 60.5 WMS, with the TJ rubicon rims and 12in wide tires they are only about 3/4 away from the leafs. I didn't think a out the wheel offset when I went for that WMS, figured make it stock. Oops

Comment

What lug pattern is the 9" I forgot? And are you running spacers? When I had my factory rims and 33x12.5s it was about that much spacing.

General Tires are

Comment

The 9 I picked up was for an old Oldsmobile so it had 5x4.75 with 58in WMS, I added 1.25in thick adapters.

I'm thinking a WMS of 63in for the rear is what I'll go for in the 609.

Comment

Can you get longer shafts with a 5x4.5 pattern? Just thinking out loud.

General Tires are

Comment

Need a new housing.

Comment

Well if you do cheap out their is a 9inch at Jacobs bros in an f150 I believe it's 64 wms

General Tires are

Comment

That won't even work if it was free.

Bought a currie housing today, be here in about a week.

Comment

Picked this up today for $349 thanks to a guy over on NAXJA.

5.3 with trans from an 01 K1500. Someone already took the trans case before I got there.

Comment

this is gonna suck

have to cut most of that crap off, shorten, splice, add things on, splice more and run wires...... dammit. at least i was the one who took it apart without breaking shit and labeled it all.

Comment

me head work, compression was a bit higher than expected since the CCs on the head were smaller than the last 4.0 so they will be opened up a little and while he was in there did about 2 more hours of port work and blending.

then resurfaced, next weekend it should be going together.

while he was doing that i was turning the backing plate mount off of the D60 spindles i have, maybe i'll use them not sure. i am liking the Ruff Stuff D60 spindle flanges a bit more since i can just use front spindles, hubs, rotors and calipers on the rear. also if there is ever damage it may just be a new spindle away from fixing.

and after some spinning on the lathe i have a bare spindle that... well no idea what i'll do but i have them.

Comment

Working...
                                X