This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: Beasty

Might as well start a build thread for my zj, atleast to help me keep track of stuff

Purchased a ZJ June 2014, really didn't know what it was at the time, Hux was nice enough to tell me by offering to give me double what a paid for it. only paid $450 anyways. interior stinks like piss and cigarettes, and just about every suspension component was warn out

I did the unthinkable and immediately put a cheap rough country 3.5 kit in it. Also built a bumper, and shortly after cut said bumper off. But I did get ian's shirt off.

also picked up a set of Wild Country MTX's in the 31” Flavor for $400 in damn good shape.

Finally realized the 249 T case would not cut it for OER, so did a last minute scramble to get something else in it, which worked for.... well the weekend.

Ian and I both stumbled blindly into our first OER, to test out our new jeeps, luckily we both found out how helpful sis members can be, ian lost a control arm to rust and I lost my rear trackbar extender pos.

quick weld ( thanks caleb) and wheeled all weekend with no more failures, but I realized how much I needed to do for next OER now.

Hit the ground running after that, and first thing I knew I needed was some better protection, so I removed the plastic trim and began looking at bumpers, and sliders. Settled on building myself with plans from flatland4x4.

So off to the office to burn some bumpers

managed to get the front bumper done afterhours in 3 days, most extra time was taken revamping the plans, I did not like the mounting setup for the bumpers, instead of ½ plate into frame rails I choose to use (3x6?) tubing that I had left over from my yj frame rebuild, and added a few ¼ inch 2x2 cross pieces to the winch area.

started to piece together the rear bumper, and cut in for hitch, also took the time to clean and check the factory skid, which im hoping is strong enough to protect the gas tank at rausch.

also found out my jeep didn't want sway bars anymore, so I removed the left over pieces of them

Just Scored a parts jeep for $300 from the same guy that I bought the niner from, 97 4.0

so far I pulled a lot of interior trim pieces, tail lights, leather wheel thats not shredded.

But the niner is having driveline vibs, the slipyoke is worn out, all ujoints are new though.

engines runs great, ian's pulling some of those parts, and im taking the t case and rear driveshaft and front universals to replace my cv's.

New winch is on, fills in the bumper nice if nothing else, cheap and noisy but pulls well so far

okay so with sway bars off im flexing more than ever, and now im pushing the tires into the front fenders, part of which is track bar adjustment, but it does it on both so im thinking about trimming the front fenders and bumpstoping, also prepping for 33's ( maybe next season )

I think this is all I want to trim, it looks tasteful I think, and it should set me up nices for 33's

also received my new blue torch diff covers, they seem nice enough

Last edited by StompJrKz400; 05-04-2015, 05:42 PM. Reason: to stop the suspense

Don't people usually put things in a build thread?
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
      Don't people usually put things in a build thread?
      2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
      1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Comment

Mods, please sticky this....
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Man I really like what you did with this build! Keep up the good work
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                Mods, please sticky this....
                done
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                  done

Comment

In his defense he the was dumping when he was at work on this one....still made me ROFL harder than it should have.
                    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

whoops, guess i kinda forgot about this one

Comment

Comment

I have two weeks worth of restless nights thinking about this. Will you just update us already? Fuck man.
                          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by DizzDizz View Post
                            I have two weeks worth of restless nights thinking about this. Will you just update us already? Fuck man.
                            Fixed just for you...

Comment

my build thread was way more interesting when it was non-existent.

Comment

Working...
                              X