Thanksgiving weekend mabel run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving weekend mabel run

Thought I would go ahead and post up this run so people can plan and what not since it is coming up. There seems to be talk of an RC trip during this weekend as well so it looks like we should all be getting out one way or another! Sadly I cannot make the RC run so I'm leading this one. This will be the Saturday following Thanksgiving, 11/24.

New guys,
    Standard issue for the trail is 31" tires. With that you can make it up. There are lots of rock ledges so a locker is greatly helpful if you want to try some of those lines. We'll say ~12 rigs. Bring all kinds of spare parts for yourself and tools. Also bring lunch or whatever kind of food/water you want as we'll be outside all day pretty much.

We'll do the usual rendezvous spot at McDonald's on exit 47e off 91. We'll set this for say 1030-11? This is tentative pending what time everyone wants to do but I figured earlier the better with limited daylight in November. I may or may not be at the rendezvous and if not someone will lead up from there.

EDIT: There will be another convoy leaving from exit 15 of 91, rt 68 commuter lot heading up to the 47e waypoint first if anyone wants to jump on there. This convoy will need to leave about 50 minutes prior to the secondary rendezvous at exit 47e so you'll want to be here by about 9:45.

Newbies welcomed and encouraged.

RSVP in the thread for a spot.

jon mac out for now.

1. konastinky1234
    2. libtech08
    3. hench
    4. xj1701
    5. rockclimber

parts are flying and numbers are dwindling here people
    Last edited by konastinky1234; 11-19-2012, 08:10 PM.
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

im in
    04 WJ, 6.5 inch lift on 35'' MTR/K, Clayton long arms,locked
    Jon

Comment

In.
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

In. I'm canceling the RC trip so more people will go to RC the 3-4th of November.

I say we all hit up the Cracker Barrel / Friendly's afterwards for a good ol' Thanksgiving meal.

I say we meet at 47E at 1030-11, give the people like me who live a bit further away some wake up time.
        Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 10-10-2012, 07:55 PM.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

in ish
          -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
          -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
          -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
          -57 GMC Pickup
          -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

In, pending motor is back together
            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

i guess we'll end up saying 1030-11 for exit 47e for now. seems like the standard time as usual.

Comment

are we going to start the convoy in wallingofr rt.68 as usual too?
                Dan.
                2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                  are we going to start the convoy in wallingofr rt.68 as usual too?
                  probably would be a good idea dan. forgot to mention that. but yes we'll start a convoy in wallingford as well that starts at a time to make it to 47e for the specified time there. this is the rt. 68 commuter lot everyone off of exit 15 of 91.

like i said before, i may be coming from mass so maybe you'll volunteer to lead these dan if i am not there?

Comment

Yep, no problem. If anyone is coming from west/south of wallingford let me know. We will start there.
                    Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                      Yep, no problem. If anyone is coming from west/south of wallingford let me know. We will start there.
                      good plan, we'll see how things are when the time is closer obviously.

Comment

Put me as tentative.
                        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                        MK2 Jetta > M3
                        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

seeing how i got the time off in for now
                          1984 2.8 V6 XJ 2 door, 3'' lift 33'' general grabbers, 4.56 gears and half dead #rebuild

2002 4.7 WJ stock with K&n intake-DD

Comment

good looks, got ya guys INSKIE. hux, what's your rig status btw? buildin an xj or somethin now? never saw anything but that stockish zj you had.

Comment

i'm in at least for now. hopefully it will be dryer than last time
                              -Ryan

Rigs:
                              07 Toyota Tacoma, 4.0L V6, 6spd Man., 3" Susp. Lift on 33x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Plenty of Light and Exhaust mods too - SOLD IT!!
                              94 Toyota Pickup/w'93 yota body, 3.0L V6, 5spd Man., Body swapped, Removeable Doors, Rear Locker, 36x13-16 Bias TSLs on 16x7" steel wheels, rock sliders, Custom bed and start of Roll Cage

Comment

Working...
                              X