No announcement yet.

Were you "raised right?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far, being raised right seemingly comes from corporal punishment and lecture-based material.

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by calvynandhobbs View Post
      I was raised right. Be respectful, treat women right and you have to work to be successful.
      Thanks, Aristotle.
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
        Thanks, Aristotle.
        "Put her in the coupe so she can feel the nice breeze, we can drive through the city no doubt, but don't say my car is topless, say them titties is out." -Aristotle
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
          "Put her in the coupe so she can feel the nice breeze, we can drive through the city no doubt, but don't say my car is topless, say them titties is out." -Aristotle
          my favorite aristotle quote
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

I know people that were raised by dads playing video games all day and living off the govt. they think that life is supposed to be them being lazy while they are entitled to whatever they want. It's wrong. I was raised that you get out of life what you put into it. I saw my dad working a couple jobs and wearing himself out to provide and there is a lot of that attitude in me

Comment

My dad never knew how to play video games, missed out on that part of childhood

Comment

Raised to be a bag all day, every day. Trolling, punching babies, and driving off-road guns into public waterways is just how I roll. I was raised poorly and I turned out like shit. It happens.
                seriously, who is going to say they were raised poorly (besides this awesome bag of turds)?

Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                My "Bucket" Build
                MilitaryJeepers.com
                ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
                  Raised to be a bag all day, every day. Trolling, punching babies, and driving off-road guns into public waterways is just how I roll. I was raised poorly and I turned out like shit. It happens.
                  seriously, who is going to say they were raised poorly (besides this awesome bag of turds)?

well done again
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

i feel like being raised right is all relative. we all were "raised right" i had a neighbor family when i used to live with my parents. nicest people ever they would help you out when you needed it for realz. example: my jeep was a broken POS the day of my driving test to get my license, instead of doing it in my jeep that i practiced with...i did it in a 93 chevy cavalier RS which happened to be theirs. however that being said they were (and still are; some 20+ years later) welfare scum. are they nice people yes, were they raised right, no. when i first met them they were in their mid 30s easily capable of work. instead they chose not to and decided to pop out a kid and live off the system.

myself on the other hand yes. i feel like i was raised decently enough. i have my own place, im carrying my own weight, all my mistakes are my own and no one else's. i try to be as polite and as courteous as i can to strangers. loyalty is a big thing for me, you do something good for me, ill always give it back tenfold.
                    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                    https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                    I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                    -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

I had a good example of not being raised right when I was in middle school. The guy's name was Rich and he was 17 years old in my 8th grade art class. All he wanted to do was sniff glue the entire class and ended up in jail by the end of the semester for selling marijuana that his parents grew in the basement of their house.

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
                        i feel like being raised right is all relative. we all were "raised right" i had a neighbor family when i used to live with my parents. nicest people ever they would help you out when you needed it for realz. example: my jeep was a broken POS the day of my driving test to get my license, instead of doing it in my jeep that i practiced with...i did it in a 93 chevy cavalier RS which happened to be theirs. however that being said they were (and still are; some 20+ years later) welfare scum. are they nice people yes, were they raised right, no. when i first met them they were in their mid 30s easily capable of work. instead they chose not to and decided to pop out a kid and live off the system.

myself on the other hand yes. i feel like i was raised decently enough. i have my own place, im carrying my own weight, all my mistakes are my own and no one else's. i try to be as polite and as courteous as i can to strangers. loyalty is a big thing for me, you do something good for me, ill always give it back tenfold.

If a child is raised by a white supremacist family and grows up to become a nigger beating white trash southern redneck who in his mind grew up to be the quintessential Confederate Flag Waving All Star American, was he still 'raised right' in our eyes even though he his brain has been programmed to say 'he was raised right by his wonderful parents and the grace of the Lord All Mighty Himself?
                        sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                          If a child is raised by a white supremacist family and grows up to become a nigger beating white trash southern redneck who in his mind grew up to be the quintessential Confederate Flag Waving All Star American, was he still 'raised right' in our eyes even though he his brain has been programmed to say 'he was raised right by his wonderful parents and the grace of the Lord All Mighty Himself?
                          hence why i said its relative. what exactly is "right" i mean generally people have a sense of right and wrong. but each person has their own level of "grey area"
                          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                          https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                          I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                          -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

And why I said what I did about who would say THEY were raised "wrong". It's easy to look at someone else and say "boigh ain't rite!", but in a poll like this...?
                            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                            My "Bucket" Build
                            MilitaryJeepers.com
                            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Working...
                            X