Yota guy from Southington, CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yota guy from Southington, CT

Just stoppin in to introduce myself. Names Jay and i am a Yota guy. On here every now and again looking to buy other peoples junk.

Here is a pic of my junk down on the JT4x4 property....
    Last edited by Petzl21; 10-16-2012, 09:39 PM.

Welcome! Great looking rig!
    98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

You must be the guy Bill is talking about that hes always trying to get to come wheeling with us
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

yessir....hes the one...
        99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Welcome! Good looking rig!
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

yea, thats me! one of these days i'll get out with ya'all.

She has been a working project for quite some time. waitin on some new rims, and putting inner air locks and rock rings on em. had issues burping air out of the allied beadlocks i had with the 39.5 iroks.

Comment

What kind of pressure were you running with them Burping air? I'm probably going to be going to a set my self
              Dan.
              2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                What kind of pressure were you running with them Burping air? I'm probably going to be going to a set my self
                Well here is the whole story, i had the allied beadlocks, with the 2.5 bs. I would be running 8-10psi in them. I run a spool in the front, so it makes turning very hard. So when i would be turned a bit, it wld tend to push the tires a bit more than with a lunchbox locker. Add rocks, and off camber situations and it happens. I herd that is it common for that size irok. I didnt have any trouble with the rear.

There were things to do, like use duct tape on the safety bead to build it up and make it harder to pop off, but i just decided to go the inner airlock route, and get a true double beadlock.

Comment

welcome, good to see more yotas
                  -Ryan

Rigs:
                  07 Toyota Tacoma, 4.0L V6, 6spd Man., 3" Susp. Lift on 33x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Plenty of Light and Exhaust mods too - SOLD IT!!
                  94 Toyota Pickup/w'93 yota body, 3.0L V6, 5spd Man., Body swapped, Removeable Doors, Rear Locker, 36x13-16 Bias TSLs on 16x7" steel wheels, rock sliders, Custom bed and start of Roll Cage

Comment

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/3344090817.html

Selling
                    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                      Caleb, nice catch. She is up for sale! On a side note, think i bought a set of tires off you a while back!

Comment

The toyos?
                        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Petzl21 View Post
                          Well here is the whole story, i had the allied beadlocks, with the 2.5 bs. I would be running 8-10psi in them. I run a spool in the front, so it makes turning very hard. So when i would be turned a bit, it wld tend to push the tires a bit more than with a lunchbox locker. Add rocks, and off camber situations and it happens. I herd that is it common for that size irok. I didnt have any trouble with the rear.

There were things to do, like use duct tape on the safety bead to build it up and make it harder to pop off, but i just decided to go the inner airlock route, and get a true double beadlock.
                          yeah, so the same as what i normally hear. I love the 36's but really want to go up a size. my front is welded so i have the same scenario going on while turning. (although mines no longer hard to steer with the hydro) I run 6.5-7psi with normal wheels and have yet to have a problem, but Im worried about the 39's. looked at the inner air locks my self too. pricey, but I guess ultimately worth it.
                          Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                            The toyos?
                            Yup! They were some street tires for her.

Comment

I have a set of inner airlocks that i just bought. Wasn't to bad. Way cheaper than a good set of beadlocks and gives you a double beadlock and a run flat! Plus inner airlock is cheaper than stauns and proven!

Comment

Working...
                              X