No announcement yet.

Project: Momentum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake lines went in about 16 min ago....... Bump stops and shocks hopefully tomorrow
    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
    -57 GMC Pickup
    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• [QUOTE=CntStpTheStnk06;320870]Then I'm passing all the blame to Eric villa........[/QUOTE

The old gears out of that axle he did for me were 3:55s butttt i realized i took the old gears back so maybe he thought he had my old set lol
      01 tj

Comment

• Did you? I thought I had yours. I'm pretty sure I know who's they were anyway. Too late now. All better.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
        www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• He'll ya 4wd is awesome
          -57 GMC Pickup
          -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• yea dan just realized it when cleaning the garage yesterday , sorry man . If you want them for anything, just to hang on to or whatever ill give them too you. I don't have a need for them anyways.
            01 tj

Comment

• Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
              He'll ya 4wd is awesome
              I bet! cant wait to see your rig
              01 tj

Comment

• I havent done an update in a while but i have made lots of progress!

I got her out for a day at mabell but it was kinda wet so it was definitely a shake down run! Have to post up the flex picture of corse

I got brake lines off a dodge to run for the front they are really long but i am able to run them down the shock or the control arm.

Installed the 14 inch shocks..... i made mounts in the engine bay for the tops and welded bar pin eliminators to the stock shock mount location....... i will be replacing my stock control arm brackets with stronger ones witch might change the bottom shock mount location.

i also added some red spark plug wires for a little extra horse power
                -57 GMC Pickup
                -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• That thing looks great!
                  How did the radius arms treat you?
                  OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
                  General Tires are

Comment

• Mtz's for the win.

Comment

• ok so i finally had time to sit down and update this thing. over the past 2 months i have been working on the xj almost everyday...... since the last update i have reconfigured my Lower control arm mounts on the axle side, rebuilt my radius arm brackets stiffened the front end and swapped in a rock krawler trackbar. I used barnes 4x4 brackets for the axle witch raised the mounts up making everything flush wit the bottom of the axle tube! I am really excited to not have to worry about 1. them bending but 2. the improvement in ground clearance was grand !

New Radius arm Brackets

photos of the front end. everything was just getting mocked up but lca mounts are on and long arms are bolted in

driver side stiffener and track bar drop bracket tacked up for mockup

and i had almost for got to mention that i built this fancy bumper out of some used tube

One of my modifications that i wanted to make sure i mentioned was the rear disc brake conversion.i used rear disc brake backing plates and calibers off of a 95 zj. i had to open up the center of the backing plates so they could slide over my 8.25 but after that everything was basically bolt on! the upgrade in performance is awesome and it is a mod i would recommend even to a novice wheeling rig!

The biggest improvement i have made to my jeep to this date was definitely the gears!!

I had pulled both of the axles gearing them to 4.88 my jeep now has super powers! A big thanks do Dan Mcpherson!!

-57 GMC Pickup
                      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• oh ya and i got these bad boys in

-57 GMC Pickup
                        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• Looking sweet man!
                          1998 XJ.....Finally.
                          1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

• Originally posted by Luke95 View Post
                            That thing looks great!
                            How did the radius arms treat you?
                            luke sorry for the late response..... i noticed the biggest difference with performance on the road. the rig feels much more stable on the highway or making faster turns..... performed great in the woods! and for the ease of making radius arms definitly worth my time!
                            -57 GMC Pickup
                            -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• is it my eyes or is that schrader valve awfully close to hitting your mount? id open it up a little more ,Tim...just my .02
                              99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

• Cant wait for Rausch. That is all.
                                Dan.
                                2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                                www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Working...
                                X