No announcement yet.

xj fenders/flares that cover the tires and dont look fugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sick tube work. it looks good filled in.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by 93XJRay View Post
      wow i FUCKING hate pigs.
      Pigs are tasty
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
        Pigs are tasty
        Pig Roast...
        99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
        http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Not a fan of the way EricsXJ did those, no flare and the seem between door and fender is crappy looking. His idea was good, I just feel for all the asskissing he got you'd think he created a masterpiece.

Either way, cool idea, if I had abender I'd be interests to try, but me pour
          dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
            Not a fan of the way EricsXJ did those, no flare and the seem between door and fender is crappy looking. His idea was good, I just feel for all the asskissing he got you'd think he created a masterpiece.

Either way, cool idea, if I had abender I'd be interests to try, but me pour
            yea def coulda made those door gaps a lot tighter and if he was doing this i dont see why he didn't pull the fender out further for complete tire coverage
            2 tj's
            3 yj's
            2 xj's
            i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

funny this was bumped today

but i went to court and they didnt even want to see the jeep, they just asked me if i fixed it and they threw it out.

anyway, now that this is all said and done i have new ideas for the front cage/fenderwork. won't 100% cover the tire, but should keep me out of trouble.
              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

good thing you bought all that plastic

Comment

i still got plenty leftover too

Comment

any new ideas? my cherokee is ridiculously wide and i have little to no tire coverage in the front
                    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                    2001 wj tbd
                    1974 5 ton

Comment

Not really, I've been looking for good options too. Mine's not crazy wide but I'm always interested in ways to alleviate these problems. I've seen some tube fenders on various sites that replace the stock fender entirely, they look like asscrack and/or ballsack. When you're that wide there's not a whole lot you can do without it looking like shit. You can build some wings like sam had on his old one.

Just be careful or shit like this will happen. They create a lot of lift.
                      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                      1999 sierra
                      1967 M725 Big and Slow
                      -Dan

Comment

they also fly away on their own at times....
                        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                        My "Bucket" Build
                        MilitaryJeepers.com
                        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                          Not really, I've been looking for good options too. Mine's not crazy wide but I'm always interested in ways to alleviate these problems. I've seen some tube fenders on various sites that replace the stock fender entirely, they look like asscrack and/or ballsack. When you're that wide there's not a whole lot you can do without it looking like shit. You can build some wings like sam had on his old one.
                          Thats the problem i have not seen any that dont look like shit or something i could live with.
                          like these they look fucking horrible

Im 82.5" outside of tire to outside of tire. Its not doing to be a dd but i would like to take it out once and a while without getting hassled about the tires being so wide

i can not do any better on wheel back spacing or else my hubs will be sticking out unprotected
                          Last edited by Magilla; 03-31-2011, 01:35 AM.
                          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                            Thats the problem i have not seen any that dont look like shit or something i could live with.
                            like these they look fucking horrible
                            those were the ones I was referring to haha. Jeep looks sick though, what front bumper is that? I think with that width, you're never going to be able to cover the tires without looking stupid. You just need to make it look like you attempted to cover them to keep the cops off your ass.
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                              Jeep looks sick though, what front bumper is that? I think with that width, you're never going to be able to cover the tires without looking stupid. You just need to make it look like you attempted to cover them to keep the cops off your ass.
                              Thanks dude its actually for a toyota made to work on my xj. I might be taking it off the offset winch plate kind of irks me. We were all actually discussing just doing something to make it look like an attempt last night i think that may be the route we go.
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

once i put the rear flares on i have been legit. pulled over bunches of times in a couple states by both town and state cops and none of them thought twice that my front tires are 8" outside my fenders

Comment

Working...
                                X