xj fenders/flares that cover the tires and dont look fugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 003brian View Post
    at least he wasnt like the johnston fuck heads.... but anyways i think with a 4 inch flare u should be fine, having three inches stick out past it should be ok. i like the idea with the entire fender removed an the tube an sheet metal ones, they look pretty sick.
    the bullshit i went through with johnston keeps me out of that town

all i do is pass through it on the highways now
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

im in johnston like four to five days out of the week.. im soooo not looking forward to there stupid shit when i do my axles an new tires. im deff gona have to come up with some kinda flares, i might just make some gettotastic ones that i can just bolt on when i drive around... but i have always like that tube an sheet metal kida fenders but i gess ill just see how yours come out first hahahaa
      97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
        like diss

only not have the fender tube 4 inches from the body. skin that shit, and have it stick out more eyesoringly

If you do something like that, you could make tabs on the tube and bolt on something to cover the tire on the street. I don't know about you but I like having no fenders for wheeling... full view of the tire and what is around it.
        1950 Willys Trail Rig
        2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
          If you do something like that, you could make tabs on the tube and bolt on something to cover the tire on the street. I don't know about you but I like having no fenders for wheeling... full view of the tire and what is around it.
          a big x2 on that, thats a cool idea, never thought of that

xj- need one

Comment

Hey Sam if you need a hand doing it I can swing down on a weekend to help you throw ideas around/fab it up
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

1.75 DOM might sound big but i think it comes out very well and proportional
              1.75 x .120 wall is perfect for most anything
              1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

like diss

only not have the fender tube 4 inches from the body. skin that shit, and have it stick out more eyesoringly

if you look at the pics of Coits sami he did the same thing and i think it looks good.

in that pic i would bend a tube and cut it into the fender (welded) that follows the bend of the wheel opening, build a tube flair off of that as a base and skin in between the 2. this would eliminate the fuggly tube at the hood hight
                Last edited by grundlepunch; 03-25-2010, 11:30 AM.
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.ph...#post244859132

Comment

ahh crap

now im gonna be a copy-cat
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

The things I would do for that Jeep
                      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

wowzerrrsss.. i want this

xj- need one

Comment

thats kinda one of the thoughts. i dont think i can make 7" of flare look decent jutting out from the factory fender. ya think 1.75 od would look a little bulky for a fender flare? maybe some 1.25-1.5 would be a lil better

when the hell did i tell someone to suck a permanent marker lol

oh yea, thread. i had issues with my last jeep and cops in ONE TOWN and threw on some hideous things to cover the tires. then they still pulled me over for crimes i didnt commit because said town is full of prick cops. it's a long story.

this is the first time for this jeep. but it would be nice to not worry about it. the cop was kinda cool about it once he was done with his sarcastic comments. he said he doesnt care if i throw stock tires on it and show up at the fix it date, then put the big ones back on. i just need it fixed for that one day.
                          if he said that about the stock and big tires then why the fuck would he pull you over in the first place??? wow i FUCKING hate pigs. im lucky tho i grew up with the police chiefs son in my town so im all set around here...
                          Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Originally posted by 93XJRay View Post
                            if he said that about the stock and big tires then why the fuck would he pull you over in the first place??? wow i FUCKING hate pigs. im lucky tho i grew up with the police chiefs son in my town so im all set around here...

im a cop
                            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                            2001 wj tbd
                            1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                              im a cop
                              You can find him patrolling the local bars
                              dirty30

Comment

thats the rig/front tubework i posted in here originally
                                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                                aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                                X