Wheres best place to scrap a car shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheres best place to scrap a car shell

Where the best place to scrap my old jeep shell in southern ct. I've found it rather difficult to search for since there's so many junk car people in this state that want to come pay me to pick it out of my driveway. But its just the xj shell with some odds and ends in it sitting on its frame rails in my driveway. Which i assume isn't what they are used to taking. or would they?

So my plan was to drag the shell onto some trailer and bring it to a yard where hopefully they will be about to pick up all the trailer with some forklift or something. Anyway, where should I go?

Any scrapyard.

You'll get about $50 for it.

If they don't have a loader or something to take your jeep off the trailer then you should find another yard.

Oh, and you need the title for the jeep, unless you find a sketchy scrapyard.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

I normally go to Metal mangament they have taken shells from me before.
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
        I normally go to Metal mangament they have taken shells from me before.
        I go here too, it's a good bet. People bring stacks of shells on trailers often.
        Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

So I guess my real question was how stripped does it need to be. I know, no fluids. All thats gone anyway. But what about windows, carpet, headliner, and other little non metal things. can i leave them?

Comment

steel is paying dick right now, if you can hold on to it and bide your time, maybe use the shell to collect any extra bits you may have laying around it might be worth your while to wait til the payouts come back up.

you can leave all that garbage in, doesnt really make a difference when youre dropping a bulk load off like that, but if you had a bin and chopped it all up and separated everything nicey-nice, then they might bump you a little bit; especially at alderman-dow, they tend to eyeball things a bit more, metal management is more about quantity (and its easier to get a trailer in and out of their yard)
            2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
            1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Thanks. I honestly cant wait, As soon as i get these last bits of dash and harness out it needs to be gone. But Ill rip anything easy out before I go I guess. I was hoping i could throw all my other scrap inside it. Thats what raised my doubts about all the non metal stuff.

Comment

Metal Management is where I've brought mine, no real questions as long as you have title. X2 on steel being cheap, prices suck right now.
                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                MK2 Jetta > M3
                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                X