Carry a gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carry a gun.

Saw a woman get mugged/robbed today in a parking lot at harbor freight with Kappy. took her purse, keys, everything. she couldnt even get in her car and leave after.

Too bad he didnt get perforated.

anyone against the right to carry is wrong.

carry on
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

craziest shit I've ever seen

Comment

EDC here in PA anyhow....24+1 rounds of near half inch freedom. Lol
      Last edited by 92xjlaredo; 01-12-2015, 01:40 PM.
      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
      https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
      I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
      -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

And you guys did nothing to help this lady? Just stood there and watched?

Comment

My wife and I both have our permits to carry. We typically don't carry unless we are going to an area we are unfamiliar with or know is prone to problems.

Comment

BORKED
            2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
            1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Was the mugger armed? two able bodied dudes saw it and didn't get involved? I'd be posting with broken bones from a good fight if I had seen that shit. (not judging, you may have been 100 yards away or something)
              -Doug

Used to wheel.... now..... not so much....

Comment

I love how everyone instantly assumes that Will and Kappy were standing next to this lady while she was getting mugged and not on the other side of the parking lot or anything.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

ur right Phil. My bad. Armchair quarterbacking it here on Monday morning.
                  -Doug

Comment

I was ready to start shooting but than I would have gone to jail. Not like the guy was standing there beating the shit out of her. The hole thing happened in about 7.5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by lilnapsak View Post
                      And you guys did nothing to help this lady? Just stood there and watched?
                      Originally posted by Lycaon View Post
                      BORKED

Yes that is correct. I stood there next to her as she was mugged, had the perfect easy opportunity to stop it, then decided openly not to because I am apathetic and because I am careless of others, not to mention a coward. Then my next move was to sign on SiS and post about it so that my morality could be brought into question.

We were barely within shouting distance, let alone me being batman and using my grappling hook to stop it from happening. He yanked it, we heard her screaming 2 seconds after he did, he had already ran 3/4 way to his car 10 feet away from her and sped off. What Kappy said is right.

Anyone that says they would have shot the guy or ran 100 yards and jumped in and beaten the fuck out of him have no idea how situations like this play out, or the risks associated with it. It was a purse, no ones life was in danger. I am not getting stabbed or shot over some random womans purse.

What would you SiS heroes have done? Surely you would have found a way to intervene and become the local hometown hero, right?

Originally posted by Mangi Hill View Post
                      Was the mugger armed? two able bodied dudes saw it and didn't get involved?
                      You tell me...pretty risky guessing game for me to jump in and start breaking bones after the fastest 100 yard sprint in human history.
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

You were too far away and obviously by the time you figured it out, he was probably halfway out of the parking lot. Cant blame anyone there.
                        -Doug

Comment

anyone who says "oh man i would have done this, or i would have done that" is lying. you don't know the circumstances. it's not like they were helping her get her groceries in her car and some dude came up and robbed her and they didn't do anything about it. by the time they even processed what was going on the guy was in his car and gone
                          98 XJ RIP
                          05 WRX
                          16 Legacy

Originally posted by Burton58
                          Ewwww jersey sucks i'm not going

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            anyone against the right to carry is wrong.

It was a purse, no ones life was in danger. I am not getting stabbed or shot over some random womans purse.

I kind of feel like these are competing statements.

Too bad he didnt get perforated.
                            Along the same vane, if all he did was snatch her purse and run, does he really deserve to get shot? I'm sure I will take a lot of flack for taking that stance. I am not in favor of more gun control, but I am also of the mindset that breaking the law does not automatically mean you deserve to be executed by a bystander.

If the dude put a gun to her head, completely different story. But even then, it seems iffy to me that another person in the parking lot with a gun would have stopped that.
                            97 XJ.

Comment

i am saying that from a victims point of view, not a bystander.

it goes to show you arent "Safe" just because its an assumed decent area. This was right on post road in Orange in plain sight of a lot of people in the parking lot, traffic, and all.

I am also not specifically only talking about this woman's circumstance. Next time someone gets mugged, maybe theres the risk of stabbing or shooting.

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                              executed by a bystander.
                              Loaded term, loaded argument.
                              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                              X