No announcement yet.

fab shop feeler for eastern CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$75 per hour for custom fab is a great rate.

our shop's install rate is $100 per hour.

most any other regular service mechanic is around 70-80 per hour.

and that's just labor. Tube is not cheap.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
      $75 per hour for custom fab is a great rate.

our shop's install rate is $100 per hour.

most any other regular service mechanic is around 70-80 per hour.

and that's just labor. Tube is not cheap.
      branhaven chrysler jeep dodge is 92 dollars and hour labor, lii is 100 per hour as well it takes allot to build allot of fancy stuff from absolutely nothing
      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Yes custom work is not cheap... especially tube work which tends to be very time consuming. I'm interested in building a hybrid cage. One that isn't built as tough and sophisticated as a one off custom professional cage, but much stronger than the factory cage. Targeting the weekend wheelers who want piece of mind when wheeling with the the kids.
        Thanks,
        Mike.
        ELITE FUSION FABRICATION

Comment

Originally posted by Xtremeyj420 View Post
          Yes custom work is not cheap... especially tube work which tends to be very time consuming. I'm interested in building a hybrid cage. One that isn't built as tough and sophisticated as a one off custom professional cage, but much stronger than the factory cage. Targeting the weekend wheelers who want piece of mind when wheeling with the the kids.
          Thanks,
          Mike.
          ELITE FUSION FABRICATION
          we've done some customized installs of Poison Spider sport cages.

Check those out, they are something a fab shop could draw up once and get good at making and doing. Could deff be a money maker and a more cost effiecient alternative to a full blown job.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

thanks for the info jeepbabiixj, i already have a pretty nice design drawn up on CAD, just got to find some time to build a prototype, and test for fitment issues... this hurricane really screwed up the things i wanted to get done this week....

thanks,
            mike.
            ELITE FUSION FABRICATION

Comment

i wish you luck sir its not easy biz to get into.maybe once i'm home in ct for a little while, I would love to stop up there and see what you have going on.
              Last edited by DizzDizz; 09-03-2011, 04:22 PM.
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

good lucks man, like dizz said, deff props for anyone that can break into on their own. i will deff stop by up there for some beers and jeep talk though

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

I appreciate all the kind words from all of you from sisoffroad. Hopefully soon enough all of you will get to see the quality of parts Elite Fusion Fabrication is capable of...

Quality control is a must for me... and i refuse to let anything leave that could possibly be seen as not top notch...

thanks,
                  mike.
                  ELITE FUSION FABRICATION.

Comment

maybe when i'm home for Christmas, Matt and i can come check it out and see what you got going on.
                    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Let's see some of your work.

Comment

once i get all the logistics ironed out... i will be sure to post up some pics of the prototypes... I have a contract repairing a fleet of tractor trailers that is soaking up alot of my time right now. most all of the pics i currently have are of repairs on frames and such. once things smooth out ill be sure to put up some pics of the prototypes... still working on getting some new key equipment.

thanks,
                        mike.
                        Elite Fusion Fabrication.

Comment

Hey sis!

Its been crazy busy lately, I haven't had time for anything but mobile repairs lately. Unfortunately i haven't had any time to work on any of the prototypes I've been promising you guys. I've been straight out repairing equipment for some of the outsourced tree trimmers from the hurricane. I'm hoping that in the coming weeks things will start to be a lot less hectic... I feel like I keep stringing you guys and gals along, and for that i apologize. Its not my intention... and in the end i believe everyone will agree that wait will be worth the products that will be offered in the end...

Thanks for your interest and patience.
                          mike.
                          ELITE FUSION FABRICATION

Comment

Wait what? You have nothing worked up yet at all?

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                              Wait what? You have nothing worked up yet at all?
                              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                              MK2 Jetta > M3
                              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

no let me rephrase... I dont have completed prototypes that are ready for production. Ive been working 12 hr days 6-7 days a week for the last month. they are built but still need a few tweaks to avoid some minor fitment issues...once they go into production i want to have zero fitment issues. as soon as i get a chance to catch my breathe from the mobile repairs ive been doing... ill upload some pics... hoping to have a couple completed prototypes for sale for the end of september... I'm hoping for sooner but that should be a safe estimate...
                                thanks,
                                mike...
                                ELITE FUSION FABRICATION.

Comment

Working...
                                X