Dana 300 4 to 1 gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 300 4 to 1 gears

Think it's worth it to put 4 to 1 gears in my 300 while I have it out I feel like I don't need them opinions please
    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
    97' zj
    2012 surbra imperza DD
    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

I would say yes, but you also use the Spor principle when driving so it's a wash
    OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
    General Tires are

Comment

I like the 4:1 ratio, but at the same time if you've got tall gears in the axles you may not need it. If I were running 3.55 gears or something it's a cheaper route than regearing axles.

Comment

I wouldn't bother man. I don't even feel like I need it with a manual.
        Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

Originally posted by konastinky1234 View Post
          I wouldn't bother man. I don't even feel like I need it with a manual.

Knowing several others who have gone from stock to 4:1, with a 4.0 nonetheless, I bet you'd change your mind if you could experience it.

Matt, with Reds and 4:1 I'd keep the 32 spline output in the back of your mind... Might be fine though. Not much harm in seeing what it will take!
          97 XJ.

Comment

True, if you were to experience it who knows. Now you have me thinking.
            Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

All the cool kids are going to 4:1... just sayin.
              "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
              It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

do it, do it, just do it
                HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

I'm pulling the 231 out of my YJ this weekend to put a SYE on it and thought about a 4:1 kit, but I've got a 4.0 with 4.88 gears so I'm going to just put the SYE in for now and see what I think. I also have a D300 that is flipped and twin sticked sitting in the garage along with another 231 so if I feel I need more I'll build a doubler on the bench and swap that in later.

Comment

For the cost of the 4:1 gears you could put a doubler between the trans and d300. Only cost a little bit more. Then you'll have the best of both worlds.

There are a few kits that use half a stock 231 case and custom adapter plate.

Comment

Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post
                      For the cost of the 4:1 gears you could put a doubler between the trans and d300. Only cost a little bit more. Then you'll have the best of both worlds.

There are a few kits that use half a stock 231 case and custom adapter plate.
                      That's what I've been looking at doing. I want the YJ on the road though so that will be a later mod

Comment

http://www.northwestfab.com/NWF-Eco-...se_p_2403.html

Probably have to flip the 231 if you do a Box-4-rocks
                        97 XJ.

Comment

If you do it, don't use teraflex. Ive seen/been told that the 2 piece design they use causes a lot of breakage. My 300 has jb conversions 4:1. My buggy isnt running or id tell you if they were worth it.

Comment

Working...
                          X