Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alt relocation

finally got around to doing this.

obviously did the AC delete, but i also got rid of the mech fan too.

Nice. What kind of bracket did you have to use/make for it?
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

its my stock ac bracket bolted to the stock alt bracket after ALOT of grinding. still not 100% done. had to use a upper rad hose from a 90' xj because my 97' one would get crushed between the hood and the alt when down. ive got more pics if anyone needs them

i dont feel like going through detailed explanation of everything so this "write up" is just going to be like a lego build sheet. if you cant figure it out you are hear by a big smelly ugly girl.

Comment

Cool...
        But why?
        just to have an easier altinator swaps?
        ur gonna run 2 electric fans?
        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
        some people choose video games
        some choose projects
        some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
          Cool...
          But why?
          just to have an easier altinator swaps?
          ur gonna run 2 electric fans?
          well this is my 8th alt in a year and a half.. having it up higher is going to save it from all the water/mud i go through. AC never worked and i didnt want it anyways so i trashed that. i had to get rid of my mech fan when i put my winch behind the crossmember because the fan blades hit the winch.

so ive been running with just the one stock e-fan all summer. i run at 200ish on highway but out in the woods is the only time my e-fan has kicked on, did fine with just the one this summer.. but i dont want that to be the only fan. i have another stock e-fan thats going in that will be hooked up to a switch for whenever im wheeling. i dont seem to need it any other time. dirtbound offroad did some cfm studys on a bunch of fans and figured out 2 stock e-fans puts out just about the same CFM as a taurus. (also couldnt use the taurus fan because the winch) plus another stock e-fan pretty much bolts right in for the most part. plus eliminating 2 pulleys frees up horses (so im told) so it was all win win win win in the long run
          Last edited by lilnapsak; 08-23-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Thats cool that you were able to use the stock brackets, I've seen writeups were they've used YJ/ZJ brackets to move the altinator up higher as well.

Comment

this interests me, so you'r running fan clutchless, and AC pumpless now. Hows the throttle response?

Comment

Originally posted by snowblur17 View Post
                this interests me, so you'r running fan clutchless, and AC pumpless now. Hows the throttle response?
                I'd imagine the fan is removed just to help the install, if not are you installing an e-fan?
                2002 TJ Sport 3" AEV coils with OME LTs

Comment

Originally posted by snowblur17 View Post
                  throttle response is a little better. It felt like the same jump when adding a cone filter

Originally posted by MikalCarbine View Post
                  I'd imagine the fan is removed just to help the install, if not are you installing an e-fan?
                  I orginally had to remove the mechanical fan because it would hit my winch (my winch is behind my front crossmember) and i was going to replace it with another stock efan i picked up. Its been a year since i removed the fan and i dont have any coling issues. All summer i ran just the stock e-fan and it never went above the 215* or whenever the fan kicks on with no issues.

I still plan to put the second e-fan in and run it on a switch for when im wheeling.

My temps wih no fans and no ac condensor are usually around 200 while driving. Never higher than 210 even in 100 degree weather

Comment

Working...
                  X