box with big wheels thing i'm making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no real progress today.... just handing out hand full of money

gonna need a saws-all and a hammer soon. or, better yet, one of them 4 bar and coil rear end thingy's i see at work all the time.

Comment

lookin' good man!! good to see it finally all coming together, any way you can post some close up pics of some of the welds on that front axle?..... or really just pm me some?
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

i painted the thing before i thought to get some good pics of them. i just have what's posted in here.

as soon as you can get the time my bro needs this done to his D30 too, but more of that D30 kit Clayton is working on in his corner. i'll get out the good camera for that one. also have a bottle or two of some down south moon shine to get brain into fab mode.....

Comment

whooooo I like the sounds of that
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
            whooooo I like the sounds of that
            the axle building or were you lost after in mentioned the booze? it's rocket fuel, mostly what i'm on when i make major progress on my toilet.

Comment

The box is looking good. Coming together nicely

Comment

well no real progress on this thing other than i picked up some Chromo shafts for the D30, stripped a WJ front axle and found inside...... a god damn LSD with 4:11s on it AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! paid $60 for the axle disc to disc too. what ever i'll hang onto it.

bought a used complete ARB compressor for $115 shipped with wires and everything.

oh and i'm gonna slap an LS1 in there i guess, the 4.0 in there is meh, stroker 4.0 is more money than the LS and what 50hp with 10MPG?
                ok well not "LS1" but a 5.3 iron block, car intake and alt bracket to clear the hood, cam, springs, minor head work, port matching, and probably new pistons to get it up to 11:1 comp for more skinney pedal fun going for at least 350HP at the crank like what 275 at the wheels?

i have a horrible time making decisions.

this weekend i am hoping i can have the front axle in, just waiting on one long arm but i may stick in there one of the 3 links arms i have laying around to i can move this thing.
                rear axle just needs to be nudged over 3/4in to the driver and welded. oh and that god damn brake line too, i fucking hate these things, god damn MOPAR should have just used the SS lines

Comment

well i did a little brake line fixing, motor work and decided i might as well slap a 5.3 LS in there and give my brother the 4.slow.

full float D60 from an early 90s E350 van is now being stripped for a few parts i need.

thing is fucking heavy! anyone want just the housing?

a properly rebuilt engine for a jeep.... seems to be the biggest waist of money acording to most jeep people
                  we're balancing them inside roundy round parts

short block is about to be assembled to get piston to deck heights, from there we'll figure out how much it will need to be decked to get the pistons as close to 0 as we can.

edited to add...

measure piston wrist pin holes to check for correct clearance before hanging on the rods

piston and rod assembly after they are all balanced out.

rotating assembly installed in the block with no rings to check for piston depth to see how much we'll have to take off. also another time to check for bet rods.... we found 2 more just a little bit in the front to back so we can straighten them. everything was 0.032 in the hole so its going to be decked around 0.030.

Last edited by sardo_67; 10-02-2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Last time on the stand! Although I really should have taken the hubs and shafts out as that was a fucker carrying by myself to the jeep.

That blue drag link set up was laying around and had WJ ends on it.... Meh I'll run it for set up till I figure out exactly what it's getting.

Comment

FINALLY STANDING!!!

the 33s look funny. i need to figure out some steering, the brakes, track bar needs to be redone as its too long, and get the driver radius arm then it's done.

the back just needs to move over a little bit and get welded in, some brake lines on that and BAM done too. i may be able to take it down the road this weekend.

Comment

Got this today from a local yard.

Think I can use it, hell it was dirt cheap anyway. Had some other HP driver drop 8 lug axles there too. Wasn't sure if it was D60 or 44.

Comment

I'll take that WJ front LSD unit off your hands...
                          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                          MK2 Jetta > M3
                          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Looks like a Dodge D60
                            97 XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Fairchild View Post
                              I'll take that WJ front LSD unit off your hands...
                              Can't sorry, think I'm giving that to my bro to run in his D30 so he can sell his ARB that will cover his entire front axle build. He's running 33s and never wheels so he only needs it for bad weather.

It is a kingpin D60 from a Dodge. Stripping it down now.

I'm over in pirate playing the WTF do I have game. Stumbled into my local yard having about 5 D60s and 2 WJ fronts complete. I'll probably have an axle pile soon.

Comment

Dodge King pin D60 front, stripped down to just housing and kunckles. after more and more and more and then a little more reading i'm not sure if i will run this one.
                                it's almost brand new inside, looks like someone did hubs bearings brakes and new rotors with pads too then junked it or had an accident.

anyone want this?

leaning towards a SpiderTrax housing to weld all this on then spin with a currie HP center.
                                Last edited by sardo_67; 10-03-2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X