No announcement yet.

The Karma Bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The starter was also replaced, and like everything else, it seemed to do the trick, but the problem came back about six months down the road.
    Clean the grounds and terminals, ta-da, everything working like it should, problem solved.... wrong! Few months later same problem.
    Replace alt, fixed it finally... nope, give it almost a year before the EXACT same issue shows up.
    So-on and so-on, thus is the story of my jeeps' particular electrical fun machine

The cables could be the problem since they are one of two things I never thought to replace. They look fine, but who knows.
    The other thing I have been looking into is; could it be something in the relay/fuse box under the hood? I checked all the fuses and they're fine, but don't know how to check/test the other components. It's the only other thing that the alt/batt/starter cables go directly to aside from grounds and small off-shoots
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
      The starter was also replaced, and like everything else, it seemed to do the trick, but the problem came back about six months down the road.
      Clean the grounds and terminals, ta-da, everything working like it should, problem solved.... wrong! Few months later same problem.
      Replace alt, fixed it finally... nope, give it almost a year before the EXACT same issue shows up.
      So-on and so-on, thus is the story of my jeeps' particular electrical fun machine

The cables could be the problem since they are one of two things I never thought to replace. They look fine, but who knows.
      The other thing I have been looking into is; could it be something in the relay/fuse box under the hood? I checked all the fuses and they're fine, but don't know how to check/test the other components. It's the only other thing that the alt/batt/starter cables go directly to aside from grounds and small off-shoots
      if youve never given the cables thought, do it. i mean, itll cost you like 15 bucks and i honestly think its your problem. mine didnt look bad either, i cut them back and they worked for a little while but then shit out again. once i replaced them completely when i took them out the rubber towards where the starter is was all melted and the wires on the inside were all green and rotted. i think its at least worth a shot, when i replaced mine, everything was easy breezy and i havent had a problem since. (about a year now) and all these symptoms youre describing is exactly what was happening with my jeep to the t.
      Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Hey, let me know if you will be at RC anytime over the summer and I will bring those Fendahs up to you. Just hit me up on Facebook or something to get ahold of me.
        You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

you could always test the cables to make sure they're good as long as you have a multimeter.

Comment

Soooo… I WAS using "webshots" to host most of my photos. Webshots went the way of the dodo like two years ago and I lost a crapload of photos since my old hard-drive had a catastrophic failure.

I was trying to figure out why I couldn't have an exhaust set-up last more than a couple months before it would develop a leak by the manifold/downpipe and then eventually rattle everything else apart.
            Found my motor mount isolators were shriveled.
            I have recently added new engine brackets and a motor mount lift, but am not sure I want to spend the money now and then again when I do a tummy tuck.

Next step will likely be a 1"BL since the MML is causing contact with the tub, creating noisy vibrations and it is needed for a tummy tuck anyhow.

I replaced the soft top with a sailcloth top. Aside from that, I don't think there is anything new to report.
            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
            My "Bucket" Build
            MilitaryJeepers.com
            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Working...
            X