The Karma Bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
    (The new tires are installed, but I don't have pics yet).
    then they aint installed!
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Need new trackbars.... I have them now, but they are just sitting here till I can instal them. I also have a P.O.R.C. SYE, new gears, locker cable, a HP D30, and 33"x12.5" Dayton Timberline M/Ts, all sitting right here, waiting for my new CV driveshaft, and new D30 Locker (The new tires are installed, but I don't have pics yet).
      wtf get to it. and take picsz.

Comment

Look you can see my driveway and awesome cutting skills
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

oh right, trackbars, duh that looks much better now that its leveled shane now get pics with 33's.
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

These 33's are taking way too long buddy.....Are you waiting for them to be delivered by forklift? I thought this place was down the street.....
            1998 XJ.....Finally.
            1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

Sooooo.... It's been a while. I haven't done anything in almost a year to my jeep (do to my present location). The things I did do before this deployment haven't been updated so I'll try to continue where I left off.

Thanks to a few members willing to go the extra mile and a half and a 72hr wrenching session, we got the SYE, CV shaft, HP front axle, OX locker, body mounted spare tire carrier, rear track-bar, ZJ tie rod, and a few other minor things installed for "Camp MJ '09".

I also did a parking-lot swap at a meet 'n greet for some wider fender flares.

This is the result (with the 33" tires too!).

Before:

After:

Some wheeling shots showing off the new gear.
              Camp MJ '09, showing all the work put into the front end (axle, locker, tie-rod, track-bar, tires)

Camp MJ '09, Tire carrier...

MaBell, on four day pass prior to deployment. My jeep is finally looking like a grown-up next to Caleb's, and Holland's jeeps.

Last edited by bucketokarma; 04-05-2010, 06:30 AM.
              Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
              My "Bucket" Build
              MilitaryJeepers.com
              ‚——P--;===±--= <-
              !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

I am wondering if there is a brace for the upper track-bar mount. Mine is wallowed and causes D.W. any/every time I wheel, and sometimes it just loosens on it's own. The castle-nut is beyond the hole in the bolt now so the cotter-pin does nothing now, wondering if there is anything I can do about this?
                Also, my "new" front axle had the lower control arms cut from it and it was bent to shit at the LCA mounts, causing some serious gouging in the mounts and obvious issues with fitment of my LCAs. They now *ping*snape*pop* over ever bump I drive over making me feel very insecure of the bolt holding it all together, is there something I can do about this problem as well?

Nica picked up a crummy XJ that had a few mods, but was well past the "abused" stage, and she didn't feel safe driving it. I'm currently building a fresh parts pile from the items off her jeep too. We shall see how that goes.
                Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                MilitaryJeepers.com
                ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

I am wondering if there is a brace for the upper track-bar mount. Mine is wallowed and causes D.W. any/every time I wheel, and sometimes it just loosens on it's own. The castle-nut is beyond the hole in the bolt now so the cotter-pin does nothing now, wondering if there is anything I can do about this?
                  what do you mean its wallowed out like the thickness is gone or hole id is too large in diameter? stock track bar mount?
                  1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

Yes, it's the stock mount. I think the hole is too large, or it's stretching the bolt because now I'm tightening it too far below the cotter-pin hole so it can't hold the castle nut in place... either way my track-bar becomes loose without much effort.
                    I was wondering if there was a way to make it double sheer instead of single sheer so all the forces of the jeep didn't rest solely on that hiem-joint and bolt.
                    Last edited by bucketokarma; 04-05-2010, 08:43 AM.
                    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                    MilitaryJeepers.com
                    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Okay, my parts pile now consists of:
                      RE LCAs = 1pair
                      Warn winch
                      HD steering
                      MetalCloak "Frame Built" winch bumper
                      CB

I might be replacing the XJ springs and BB spacers in the front with the V8 ZJ coils when I get home, we will see if my front end sags after I put the bumper and winch on.

Next pay period, I'm looking to purchase the rest of my LCA sets to adjust pinion angles and move the axles back to the center of the wheel wells (about and inch forward in the front and an inch back for the rear). Hopefully I don't need to extend the driveshafts again.

I'm also going to be buying the clayton trackbar and bracket set-up, Anyone here want to help by welding the bracket in?
                      Last edited by bucketokarma; 05-07-2010, 03:41 AM.
                      Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                      MilitaryJeepers.com
                      ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                      !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Okay, my parts pile now consists of:

I might be replacing the XJ springs and BB spacers in the front with the V8 ZJ coils when I get home, we will see if my front end sags after I put the bumper and winch on.
                        HAHA I was totally thinking of doing this with your TJ the other day. When are you coming home buddy?
                        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

if you're front axle is bent to fuck and the mounts are shotsky it sound like you need to cut them off and re weld them on there the right way.
                          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                          1999 sierra
                          1967 M725 Big and Slow
                          -Dan

Comment

the mounts are bent/slightly mangled, not the axle itself. Mainly the pas-side control arm mount, causes popping whenever the axle shifts or moves. I'm hoping that it's because the TJ and XJ control arms are slightly different in stock form. The mount didn't have enough room for the little cam thingy, so we couldn't put in, and I think that gave the stock bushing too much room, hopefully all that changes with aftermarket control arms. If not, I need new mounts.
                            Last edited by bucketokarma; 05-08-2010, 01:03 AM.
                            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                            MilitaryJeepers.com
                            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

ahh gotcha. A bunch of places sell lower CA mounts, if you know someone with a welder that could be a cheap fix.
                              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                              1999 sierra
                              1967 M725 Big and Slow
                              -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                                ahh gotcha. A bunch of places sell lower CA mounts, if you know someone with a welder that could be a cheap fix.
                                I hope so, my Jeep spending budget is basically tapped.

Picked up all four pairs of HD control arms... (well, put the order in). Hopefully the LCA mount will just simply accept the new arm (we all know that would be too easy). We shall see when I go to try to do it. only one thing left before I reach the spending cap and that;s the track-bar and bracket.

Seeing about some front coils too.

Then I'll be looking into minor things like BPE's for the front, longer bumpstops, longer brake lines, and the like.
                                Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                                MilitaryJeepers.com
                                ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                                !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Working...
                                X