Hello from Ansonia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Ansonia!

Good morning all! My name is Tyler Raymond, and I'm new to the forum. I have a 2003 WJ that I've owned for the last 7 years, and I will be buying my first Wrangler next spring - a JK Unlimited Rubicon (not sure whether I'll get pre or post 2011 yet, though).

A little about me:
    I'm 27 years old, and I'm originally from Maine (hence the screen name). I came to CT attend law school at Quinnipiac, and I graduated from QU Law in May of 2012. I passed the bar on the 1st try and landed my dream job as a family attorney in December 2012... I know, that's a weird dream job, but I love it! I work in Fairfield at Amendola & Amendola, LLC, and I practice exclusively in the field of family law (divorce, child custody, termination of parental rights, etc.). Hopefully none of you will ever need my services! lol

My fiancee, Amy, and I purchased our first home together in Ansonia last July, and now that we're done our major home improvements (for the moment, lol), I have some time to hit the trails on the weekends! Fortunately she loves going 4-wheeling, so I think I'll be able to get her to come along with me on a couple of trail rides every now and again.

Aside from DIY home improvements, I enjoy carpentry, wood carving, snowboarding, golf, and hiking. It's been a while since I've done any of those things... starting out as a new associate attorney kind of puts the kibosh on your weekends, and I've had a lot of improvements to do at my house since we bought it. Now that the dust is settling, I want to get back to wheeling!!!

A little about my WJ
    2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo w/ I6, 2" BB lift, 32" Treadwright Guard Dogs (265/70-16), and lots of other little upgrades. She's been wheeled in Maine on light trails for the most part, and once or twice on trails that I had no business even trying without lockers, but I've had a lot of fun breaking stuff and fixing it myself... that's why I have a garage full of tools! lol

I love my WJ almost to the point that I want to really build it up right (6.5" lift, trail-ready everything, winch, etc.), but I'm tired of having little things fail (almost at 175k miles now). The AC/heat blend doors are all messed up, I have an evap leak that has puzzled me and several mechanics for over a year now, and it's just too sluggish. If I were to keep it, I would buy a 2012+ Dodge Charger SXT for my DD and make my WJ a winter and trail rig, but I REALLY want the freedom that comes with a Wrangler, and I have for a long time now, so I'll be selling my WJ and buying a JK.

Feel free to email me any time: taraymond86@gmail.com. I'm also active on www.jeepsunlimited.com (screen name "cochepaille"), and I still visit the Facebook WJ group (www.facebook.com/groups/wjjeeps) that I started several years ago. I plan on being very active on this forum (both posting and attending events), and I look forward to meeting some/all of you in the near future!

Regards,
    ------------------------
    Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
    '12 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    - Stock (for now)

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I have an 04 WJ with a 2" BB and 31s and we're over in Shelton! We have a meet and greet coming up on the 19th in fairfield that you should definitely try to attend!
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Welcome dude
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Congrats on the dream job ! & welcome

Comment

Welcome
          Don't Panic

Comment

Working...
          X