Brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake lines

When redoing brake lines what do people here prefer, the stick you can get at NAPA or the coil of xx feet? I have to do the front pass side all the way from the master and pretty sure the other 2 along with the hard lines on the rear axle.

I ran all new lines on mine. Both fronts prebent from dealer were $18. The rear I got a straight length from AutoZone for a few bucks. Done
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Oh shit..... To the dealer I go tomorrow then haha.
      Thanks for that info.

Comment

went to bradshaw jeep today... they can get me both front lines for $17 each and the rear for $40, i'll skip the rear since thats easy to do myself.

also, Mopar only makes NON abs front lines now, some how my 99 limited didn't come with ABS which is a good thing for me. i'll be going in tomorrow to pay for them and should be in monday. gonna be waaaaaaay easier than making up the line, also still look all professional and shit too

Comment

The passenger line goes behind the harness on the firewall ...have fun
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

if you are going to get the coil (which i recommend), get the copper nickel line. So much easier to bend and will never ever ever rust we use it all day at the shop and is so much easier to work with.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
              does it? i looked at it the other day and it didn't seem too hard to get to. i have a non ABS jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                ya....... i looked harder today, that pre-bent shit was a stupid idea hahah.
                i'm gonna end up with the coil or cutting the OEM one in half then splicing back together in the middle... dammit

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                  if you are going to get the coil (which i recommend), get the copper nickel line. So much easier to bend and will never ever ever rust we use it all day at the shop and is so much easier to work with.
                  X2

I just use coils and pull them through and bend as I go like snaking a wire.
                  Easiest way I found to do it.
                  I never tried the prebent stuff I never had the time to wait.
                  RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                  www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                  Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Its a little annoying with the pre bent one but seriously only took me an hour to do both fronts. Just do it and be done
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

ive always just used the 25ft coils of the good coated stuff and threw fittings on/double flare. pretty easy to bend and lasts alot better then the pre-fitted length stuff
                      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                      eliminator MJ - Sold
                      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

that's the plan, tomorrow is XJ brake line fest

Comment

HA! took all of 20min to fix the driver with the OEM one from jeep. i took off that coil that goes around it to prevent crap from being held against the line. all the XJs i see have nothing but dirt caked on there. i looked at the rear line... ya, looks like it's about to blow so i'll replace that tomorrow with some of the 25ft roll i picked up.

Comment

Working...
                          X