X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Lightning Strikes Menacingly]
    dirty30

Comment

• So, after an hour of paging through this thread, I've determined we need Mike back for epic thread explosions.

NASCAR SUCKS. NASCAR SUCKS.

2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• that letter was hilarious phil, couldnt stop laughing once i read it!
        1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwampAss View Post

NASCAR SUCKS. NASCAR SUCKS.
          really couldnt agree more....its a terrible 'sport' that isnt even close to interesting unless a ball of flaming fiberglass and steel happens to hit the track. flips and tumbles are also acceptable as excitement...otherwise its just a bunch of seemingly drunken idiots going around in circles chasing their own tails

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWWWW
          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
          https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
          I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
          -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
            really couldnt agree more....its a terrible 'sport' that isnt even close to interesting unless a ball of flaming fiberglass and steel happens to hit the track. flips and tumbles are also acceptable as excitement...otherwise its just a bunch of seemingly drunken idiots going around in circles chasing their own tails

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWWWW
            You couldn't be more incorrect
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• thats why zullo loves it so much
              1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                You couldn't be more incorrect
                im open to debate
                -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                -Ian

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
                  im open to debate
                  Ok. Walk up one of those banks, just walk, pretty sure they need to keep 60mph just to keep from sliding down that slope. Also, not a chance in hell you have the skill to keep 2" between you and the 4 cars around you at that moment at 140+ for an extended period of time. I am not a big fan of NASCAR, but your description didn't depict drinking car driving morons, but rather how ill informed you are about basic things. ill let zullo just tear this one open.....or maybe mike might post up
                  Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                  didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                  Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                  he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                  Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                  i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

• Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
                    Ok. Walk up one of those banks, just walk, pretty sure they need to keep 60mph just to keep from sliding down that slope. Also, not a chance in hell you have the skill to keep 2" between you and the 4 cars around you at that moment at 140+ for an extended period of time. I am not a big fan of NASCAR, but your description didn't depict drinking car driving morons, but rather how ill informed you are about basic things. ill let zullo just tear this one open.....or maybe mike might post up
                    well hang on now, i never said that it doesnt require skill, because in NO way do i have the skill to do such actions at all. just saying that it falls short in comparison from an entertainment standpoint to these guys

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUZJVY-sHo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUZJVY-sHo[/ame]
                    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                    -Ian

Comment

• Misinformed is misinformed, it's not worth a debate. Educate yourself, watch some wind tunnel, and you'll quickly learn that each (Formula 1, Indy Car, stock car racing) is it's own beast. And each deserves plenty of respect on it's own. I have neither the time nor the ambition to describe the sport to someone that thinks it's just driving in circles, because they have literally no knowledge of the sport itself. That's like saying all football involves is hitting people or baseball is stupid because you just hit a ball with a bat.

It's not worth the debate, I enjoy NASCAR, I enjoy F1 and sports car racing, I enjoy desert racing. I can understand the differences between the different kinds of racing and respect each for what it is.

Dario Franchitti just won his third Indy 500, ask him about his experience trying to drive a stock car. He couldn't do it.

Travis Pastrana, sat down in a rally car and starting winning, ask him how stock car racing has been treating him.

All i'm saying is if it's so easy, and so much easier than other forms of racing, how come these guys can't figure it out? Just some food for thought.

And as far as entertainment, Formula 1 is boring, very boring, the only thrill is the pure speed at which they drive. stock car racing provides extremely tight racing and lots of passing which makes for an exciting race. And apparently plenty of people get that, because behind football, it's still the second most popular sport in america.
                      Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 06-10-2012, 06:55 PM.
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                        Misinformed is misinformed, it's not worth a debate. Educate yourself, watch some wind tunnel, and you'll quickly learn that each (Formula 1, Indy Car, stock car racing) is it's own beast. And each deserves plenty of respect on it's own. I have neither the time nor the ambition to describe the sport to someone that thinks it's just driving in circles, because they have literally no knowledge of the sport itself. That's like saying all football involves is hitting people or baseball is stupid because you just hit a ball with a bat.

It's not worth the debate, I enjoy NASCAR, I enjoy F1 and sports car racing, I enjoy desert racing. I can understand the differences between the different kinds of racing and respect each for what it is.

Dario Franchitti just won his third Indy 500, ask him about his experience trying to drive a stock car. He couldn't do it.

Travis Pastrana, sat down in a rally car and starting winning, ask him how stock car racing has been treating him.

All i'm saying is if it's so easy, and so much easier than other forms of racing, how come these guys can't figure it out? Just some food for thought.

And as far as entertainment, Formula 1 is boring, very boring, the only thrill is the pure speed at which they drive. stock car racing provides extremely tight racing and lots of passing which makes for an exciting race. And apparently plenty of people get that, because behind football, it's still the second most popular sport in america.
                        This is why the phrase "different strokes for different folks" exists. Personally I think this forum is more exciting than NASCAR ever was or will be but you're absolutely right. I must be in a minority category who gets a jolly or two from F1. I do respect the ability of the NASCAR guys its just not my cup of tea if you will. Personally I don't enjoy many 4 wheeled sports aside from off road racing and F1...I mainly stick to World Superbike and MotoGP that's where its at!
                        -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                        -Ian

Comment

• bump!

debate away boys & girls
                          mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                          2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                          and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

• the debate is: i win
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                            X