Attn: Camera Folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Camera Folks

the wife expressed interest in getting back into photography. any thoughts about decent nikon/canons for not so crazy prices? she doesn't need top of the line but something that will actually take good photos with quality manual functions.

also if anyone has old equipment they want to sell (Will, Nicole, Phil etc.) i'd be interested in that as well
    I drive a Datsun

Canon Powershot A590
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i should also add, something with replaceable lenses. she's been into photography for years and has a very good camera now but it's film and is looking into digital with the ability to post process and yada yada. i'm thinking of dslr's and such
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

Then definitely get the Nikon Coolpix A300.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

ok forget it
          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Will may have some old camera bodies around. Not completely positive though. Either way he can provide a good recommendation. Does she have a price point?
            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

under 1000 i'd say, but definitely open to used stuff. browsing craigslist i found a couple for around $300 or so with 1 or 2 lenses and batteries. if Will has something he would want to sell i'll definitely talk to him about it after KOH
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Mirror's are for the birds.

Fuji X series cameras are wonderful, I've had my X-Pro1 for years and it's so nice. Lenses are beautiful and UI is pretty flawless.
                dirty30

Comment

Also, tell her to hold onto her film cameras. Film is seeing a large resurgence and there are more and more options for filmstock and for film processing/developing then there have been in a long time.
                  dirty30

Comment

I recently did this research in hopes of finding the best camera for an amateur that would be suitable whether I became better or just stayed at the same skill set.

I compared cameras for weeks. There is literally a website that will give you the side by side and break down pros and cons. Type in camera A vs Camera B in Google and it'll come up.

Anyways, I thought carrying around a DSLR was a little too Asian NYC tourist, so I took the Mirrorless route.

I ended up picking up a lightly used Sony a6000 off of eBay with extras for under $500.

I compared it to almost every other camera in the price range... Mirrorless and DSLR.

Nikon d3300, Nikon d3400, Canon t5i, Olympus omd em10,
                    Etc etc.. and the a6000 beat them all.

I do hear Sony glass is expensive but, I imagine people don't get into hobbies to save money.

Do what ya will with that information.
                    Good luck!
                    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Nice I was thinking mirrorless too. We were talking about this the other day and it might be put on the backburner, don't think she's ready to figure out camera stuff yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                      I drive a Datsun

Comment

I have a Canon 60D I'd sell for $300.

Otherwise buy a Sony A6300.
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...