New Guy From New Milford, CT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy From New Milford, CT.

Hello, my name is Hudson. I am 16 years old. I live in New Milford, CT. A few of you might remember my brother (He goes by the name Daven.) Anyways, to make a long story short, he sold me his XJ, and he's in the process of looking for a clean ZJ. Alright, now onto my spew of useless information.

I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee (XJ.)
    - 4.0 engine with 114k on the odometer.
    - 4.5" Rough Country Long Arm Kit
    - BFG 32x11.5x15 KM2's.
    - Front Axle - HP Dana 30 (Open Diff)
    - Rear Axle - Chrysler 8.25 (Open Diff) upgraded with 95 ZJ Disc Brakes.
    - NP242 Selec-Trac
    - Iro Double Shear Adjustable Track Bar.
    - Currie HD Steering (Tie Rod & Drag Link.)

Now, let me get into a little bit about myself. As stated earlier, i am 16 years old. I'm probably the youngest one on this forum. I don't really get along with that many people in my age range, because they're a bunch of idiots. I can't stand them. They have no interests in anything fascinating, have no common sense, and talk about stuff that won't benefit them in 5 minutes. I could rant for hours about how my generation is pathetic, but there's nothing i can do about it.
    I try to steer clear of them at all costs.

I will be entering my Junior year of highschool next year. I go to a Technical Highschool (Abbott tech) and am studying Plumbing & Heating. I actually was going to join Automotive or Autobody, but to be brutally honest, that entire shop was filled with mexicans. I can't stand doing anything with them as most of them don't have a brain or don't speak English fluently.

I've always had a fascination in fixing, tinkering, and modding things. If something is broken, i like to take it apart and try to get it back together. I think this is part of the reason that i bought a jeep as my first vehicle. I've been reading up on this kind of thing for years (i joined this forum back in 2010 and have been lurking ever since.) A jeep is just so easy to work on, parts are readily available, etc etc.

Other hobbies of mine include; Paintball, Airsoft, Hunting, Recreational Shooting, Hiking, Being Outside In General, Making/Editing Videos, Tinkering/Fixing Electronics, Working on Cars, Gathering Information (like forums, blogs, that kind of thing.) I guess i really enjoy anything that involves using your brain.

I could go on and on about useless information and ramble on, but i doubt any of you want to hear that. I'll post some pictures of the Jeep, and begin working on a build thread soon. I've done a decent amount of work on the jeep since i bought it from my brother.

I've replaced the stock muffler that you can see in this picture with a flow-master 40.

Last edited by Hudson; 06-06-2012, 04:07 PM.
    Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

welcome!
    1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

Welcome dude. That was the most thorough introduction i have ever heard
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by tjramplebump View Post
        welcome!
        Thank You!

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
        Welcome dude. That was the most thorough introduction i have ever heard
        Thank you as well. I've been on all different sorts of forums and it's become second nature to explain things thoroughly so i don't have to go back and re-write it.

I've also learned to do it right the first time. A year or two ago, when i frequented a paintball forum I constantly got railed on once for buying a bad beginners gun to upgrade to a better gun within a month. I didn't hear the end of how i wasted the money i spent on the beginners gun, and that it could of went to future equipment. That made me learn pretty fast to go big or home and that cheap parts/things are cheap for a reason.

Sorry, i'm ranting again.
        Hudson

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
          Sorry, i'm ranting again.
          you'll fit in just fine round these parts hahaha
          1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

Welcome. love how clean the rig is
            98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyjeep92 View Post
              Welcome. love how clean the rig is
              Thank yah.

There is actually two rust spots on the thing that are both visible in the picture (first picture) if you're looking for them. One is on the front fender (right in front of the flare) and the other is on the lower right hand corner of the rear door.

I have since grinded them out, and "Professionally Bondoed" them. I then went ahead and sanded them down, and rattle canned them flat black. I followed that up by a coat of Loctite extends (Rust Preventer). It's noticeable, but looks a hell of a lot better than a rust hole. Nothing a little mud can't fix.
              Hudson

Comment

hi! welcome to SiS

we're having a meet & greet next weekend, check out the thread in the events section. you should definitely try and make it!
                mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Welcome dude!

There's a meet-and-greet on the weekend like Nicole said, come chill and meet some people.
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

what they said haha
                    98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

I remember being pretty awesome at 16. You must just know a bunch of assholes.

Yes, nothing screams thorough introduction like telling a bunch of strangers that you are racist. G'job!

Welcome to the forums, anyways.
                      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

welcome dude!!!

Nice rig
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                            hi! welcome to SiS

we're having a meet & greet next weekend, check out the thread in the events section. you should definitely try and make it!
                            Thank you. I'll have to wander over to that section and read up on it.

I find it noteworthy to mention that i am a pretty shy person until i get to know someone. Once i begin to know someone i begin to talk more, but at first I'm just about dead silent just soaking up information like a sponge.

I think that's caused because i don't interact with a lot of my peers simply because i don't like them, which makes my social skills lack. That's besides the point though.

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                            Welcome dude!

There's a meet-and-greet on the weekend like Nicole said, come chill and meet some people.
                            Read above.

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                            I remember being pretty awesome at 16. You must just know a bunch of assholes.

Yes, nothing screams thorough introduction like telling a bunch of strangers that you are racist. G'job!

Welcome to the forums, anyways.
                            I don't know what town you're from, but i bet that has something to do with it. It seems like i get along better with better from more rural areas than the cities. Most of the country like people are just more down to earth, chill, friendly, easy to get along with, as where the people from where i go to school (Danbury) have no desire in Jeeps and what have you.

I think i didn't come off clear on that one. Let me try to explain. I do not have a problem with anyone or any race. I do have a problem when you live in America, speak mostly Spanish, and have NO desire to learn English. If you're going to live here, at least try to learn English.

Thank You.

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                            welcome dude!!!

Nice rig
                            Thank You 2x.

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                            Welcome to the forum.
                            Thank You.
                            Last edited by Hudson; 06-04-2012, 05:02 PM.
                            Hudson

Comment

hey im a newbie to the forum aswell we will have to start the young SiS crew or something hah.

Comment

Working...
                              X