jeep wanders at highway speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeep wanders at highway speeds

what would cause this? my trackbars tight, TRE's seem ok the only thing i can think of is i havent gotten an alignment in a few months even after i got the new tires on...

55mph seems the be the breaking point once i go 60 or 65 on the highway out of no where it'll feel like the jeep will pull towards one direction and i have to constantly correct it yet when i take my hands off the wheel it stays pretty much centered.. i is confused
    -Jason
    99WJ 4.0
    IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

Swaybars?
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

both still connected
      -Jason
      99WJ 4.0

Comment

tires all at the same psi?
        1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
        1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
        2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

ball joints?

Comment

My dubjay does the same thing. sometimes it wanders, sometimes it stays straight. I would get an alignment just in case.
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by lakailimited06 View Post
              what would cause this? my trackbars tight, TRE's seem ok the only thing i can think of is i havent gotten an alignment in a few months even after i got the new tires on...

55mph seems the be the breaking point once i go 60 or 65 on the highway out of no where it'll feel like the jeep will pull towards one direction and i have to constantly correct it yet when i take my hands off the wheel it stays pretty much centered.. i is confused
              Check your alignment
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

mine has done this for as long as i can remember, even with brand new parts when i put the lift on, an brand new alignment.
                97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

tires are good..im guessing either alignment or balljoints...i've never replaced the balljoitns in the 4 years ive owned the jeep and im sure the PO didnt either..
                  -Jason
                  99WJ 4.0

Comment

Is your syeering wheel off center? Pitman arm may be trying to pull back sttaght and your fighting it
                    2 tj's
                    3 yj's
                    2 xj's
                    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Working...
                    X