Dana 30 locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 30 locker

Ok, with OER coming up, im going to only be able to gear the jeep and can't afford to buy a locker. I have heard mixed reviews about welding them, also i was wondering on how a "lincoln locker" is diff from a i think it's called "fuzzy" locker? Im planning on ditching the spiders for a spartan and heard if you weld a fuzzy locker, it's still able to remove shafts? Im open/open and have bad traction as it is with the a/t's. I was originally going to do a mini spool but of course they don't make them for a 30.

Advise? this is a weekend wheeler and is driven very easy on the street. It doesn't see long road trips, just to and from school which is like a min and a half from my house. If any one has write ups with pics that would be great.

Buying a locker is not an option.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

get a spartan, aussie, lock right, or anything along those lines. do NOT weld the front

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

How much trouble will i have running mostly blues and some blacks?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

You can run alot of stuff open/open its all about the line you take for the most part. Dont weld the front you wont be able to turn and it will not be streetable if your gunna weld anything make it the rear...
        89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
        95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
        97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
        If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
          You can run alot of stuff open/open its all about the line you take for the most part. Dont weld the front you wont be able to turn and it will not be streetable if your gunna weld anything make it the rear...
          ok, ill save up for the spartan, already have a quote of $220 to my door but im spending about 450 on gears next week

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

It is called a fozzy locker. It is not worth it to spool the front unless its a trail only rig and not a dana 30.
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

Why the fuck would you weld your gears up front? It would be absolutely terrible on the road unless you had vacuum disconnect.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

id save for an auto locker for your 88 and lock that first..i would have done the same but i already have one upfront and id take it back if i could i personally dont like how the steering is on the trails...it performs great but i dont like making austin power k turns...
                -Jason
                99WJ 4.0
                IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

Comment

Originally posted by lakailimited06 View Post
                  id save for an auto locker for your 88 and lock that first..i would have done the same but i already have one upfront and id take it back if i could i personally dont like how the steering is on the trails...it performs great but i dont like making austin power k turns...
                  IF i still have the jeep when i get out of school, i was going to do a arb air locker, but have more important money obligations to take care of first.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

You'll be fine open/open on blues and black Dillion (Hydra) did fine last year at OER II.
                    Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Why not a mini spool for the rear?
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                        How much trouble will i have running mostly blues and some blacks?
                        You'll be fine it will just take you a bit longer. Take your time, pick good lines, and don't be afraid to man bump it
                        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                          Why not a mini spool for the rear?
                          After seeing a full spool in action in the race car, i don't have the cash to replace my tires since they'll be wiped out in no time. If the mini spool unlocked like a locker.... that would be a diff story

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

the dana30 isnt c-clipped, even if it was, you can weld the spiders in a way where you can remove the clips.

a fozzy locker is like a lincoln locker. but just a couple teeth on each spider are filled with weld. this allows the shafts to turn at unequal speeds for corners and whatnot. i don't like the idea of that, sounds like a good way to break shit, but have heard of it used with success.

mini spool,spool,lincoln locker= all do the same thing
                            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

driven very easy on the street. It doesn't see long road trips, just to and from school which is like a min and a half from my house.

Buying a locker is not an option.
                              After seeing a full spool in action in the race car, i don't have the cash to replace my tires since they'll be wiped out in no time.
                              if you truly drive it as little as you say you do. you will be happy with a lincoln locker/spool in the rear. i used to put about 20k miles a year on a spooled rear

tire wear is increased, but they wont instantly vanish
                              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X