Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codes

Inspection time again!

Jeep threw 7 codes, the o2 sensor codes and speed sensor codes cleared and as far i know are staying that way.

Code P0113 : Air intake temp circuit
    Code P01492: Battery Temp sensor.... wtf?
    Code P0700 and P0743........ Torque converter solenoid possibly?
    Any idea how to fix any of this? Really missing my '93 right about now!

i just fixed my po700 code. no more check engine light for me. my problem was i bypassed my neautral safety switch and that was throwing the code and light. if yours is bypassed try wiring it back up.
    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

pretty sure it's not the NSS.... some sort of sensor for the torque converter

BUT anyway, which sensor is the IAT? there appears to be a few things wired to the intake.

Found that there was no battery temp sensor at all but there was a plug for it so I got a few from the junkyard and plugged one in.... hopefully that fixes that!

Comment

Originally posted by snowblur17 View Post
        pretty sure it's not the NSS.... some sort of sensor for the torque converter

BUT anyway, which sensor is the IAT? there appears to be a few things wired to the intake.

Found that there was no battery temp sensor at all but there was a plug for it so I got a few from the junkyard and plugged one in.... hopefully that fixes that!
        If there's an aamco anywhere near you it'd be worth it to take it to them and have them scan it, they can tell you exactly why its throwing the po700 codes. On the obd2 scanners the po700 is very vague, all it tells you is that there is something wrong in the tyranny, not exactly what it is. Aamco will check all that stuff for free too so I think its worth it.
        Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

baterry temp sensor is the little round pad on the battery tray mine is bad as well when u pull the battery u can't miss it
          intake air temp sensor is on the intake manifold behind the throtle body it is like a gray connector maybe a three wire or two wire can't remember. any questions u know where to find me
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

thanks guys think i may take it to AAMCO in syracuse and see what they can do for me.

Is it worth getting sensors from the junkyard you think? Also will the IAT sensor off any 4.0 work for me?

Comment

Sorry about the battery temp sensor. i took that out years ago. never had an issue though.

I think the IAT needs to be off a 97+ but i replaced that a few years ago. I dont get why it would go bad again so soon.

I never bypassed the NSS so i dont know what the other code is. I did not know that the tq Conv had sensors.

Also, some sensors need to be "learned" when installed like the TPS and thats done with an advanced scan tool only. You might also want to unplug the battery after plugging in any sensors and let it sit over night and check it in the morning to see if the codes reset with the new sensors or not. Some times just changing the sensor wont clear the code.

I also replaced both 02 sensors in 2008. dont see why those would go bad so soon either.
              Last edited by Kyle; 07-30-2010, 10:32 AM.
              Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
              X