ZJ V8 steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
    the weak point will still be the tie rod ends with any system beside's 1 ton. that being said, it does take alot of force to break a tie rod end.
    Is breaking an end better then bending the shaft? I want 1 ton but theres just no need right now, but i dont like the stock tie rod at all.

Comment

NOOOOO bending a shaft and breaking a TRE is like the difference between getting a cut and getting full blown AIDS.

If you break your TRE, the threads will be (more then likely) stuck in the tie rod. If you bend a tie rod, you can bend it back. I bent the tie rod on my 1-ton and bent it back with a bottle jack and a tree.

Lets get some of this confusion on of the way too. A good steering set up is designed to bend before the TRE will break. This way you can still drive it. Even the beef 1/4" wall DOM in the 1-ton set ups will deflect first and thats a good thing.

If I were you, I would wait and save up the extra money to just do it right the first time and call it done. If you dont need 1 ton right now then your stock set up will do you just fine. Do it right the first time
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Working...
      X