cherokee vs grand cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherokee vs grand cherokee

So one of the kids at my school is going to be getting a suspension lift for his 98 grand cherokee laredo and asked if i would do it for him. I have no clue on grand cherokee suspension so is there any major differences between that and an xj? any things to look out for? and is it as simple and unbolting the axles, droping them, and swaping in the suspension?
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

you lifted the front of your jeep? if yes then you can do it
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

yea, i did all my suspension, but since i've never really looked under a grand cherokee i didn't know if it was the same setup.

The grand cherokee has coils front and rear correct?
      Last edited by LittleD; 04-12-2010, 09:16 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

the only difference is coil rear. not hard. do it to it

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

What are some good lift kits for the grand cherokee? he wants me to get a ball park range for prices

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

how tall is he looking for?
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

he wants to go with 3-4 inches suspension lift.

What size tire do you think would be good?
              Last edited by LittleD; 04-13-2010, 05:56 AM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

re 3.5 or 4.5 or clayton

Comment

any thing a bit less $$ than those? This kid isn't going to be beating this offroad. This wont see offroad all that much. What do you think of the Tuff Country E-Z ride 3.5?
                  Last edited by LittleD; 04-13-2010, 08:54 AM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Not bad, but not the best. Rough country also makes a 3.5" kit for under 400 bucks. it moves the stock front coils to the rear and gives you new 3.5" coils, rear and front lca's, and some other stuff.
                    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Sounds like your friend should look some stuff up on his own...

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
                        Sounds like your friend should look some stuff up on his own...
                        He is one of those people that cant change their oil.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

ironrockoffroad has some nice ZJ stuff that alot of guys use and its not that expensive
                          -Jason
                          99WJ 4.0
                          IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                            He is one of those people that cant change their oil.
                            Than tell him not to lift it lol and no calls when this kid gets stuck thanks

Comment

suspension is easy on zj's. if u want 3.5ish fo cheap, take the front springs out put them in the rear cuz there about 3.5" taller than the rear ones. an then pick whatever front sprigs u want. i got 3.5 ome an there nice.

an then same for shocks,u can just get some that cost 10$ an ride like shit like mine an u eventually replace them because they are terrible or just spend the money an get some good ones like bilsteins or w.e.

an it would be a good idea to get lower controll arms, not really neaded if $ is a big deal but the tires will sit pretty close to the towards the fenders,(like front tire will be close to rubbin in the rear an rear tire will be close to rubbin in the front).(the rear will be worse)

front an rear track bars will be needed at that hight,w.e u like or have good luck with just go with them. i just have a drop bracket in the rear an its kinda ghetto, i would just buy a new adj one if i were startin out new again.

also that rear swaybar is shit,just throw that away.

i wouldnt buy a kit just from one company, i would just pick an choose the parts u like an put them on.

good luck doood
                              97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Working...
                              X