No announcement yet.

So I made my own spring plates for bumpstops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phil when did u get bilsteins???? lol, i think everyone has nice shocks now but me

other than that, sweeet bumpstoppage
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

how did these hold up?

Comment

these got the shit bent out of em

he got thicker ones which have held up

ive had my 3/8" thick ones (same exact design) that we made for a long time now, and i dont hesitate to say its one the of the few things on my jeep i have without a doubt beaten the fuck out of, and they havent bent at all.
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Dear Phil:

If some Yueng and/or Guinness were to show up in a green XJ with some bumps and 1/4"...
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
            Dear Phil:

If some Yueng and/or Guinness were to show up in a green XJ with some bumps and 1/4"...
            Sure, why not...

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            these got the shit bent out of em

he got thicker ones which have held up

ive had my 3/8" thick ones (same exact design) that we made for a long time now, and i dont hesitate to say its one the of the few things on my jeep i have without a doubt beaten the fuck out of, and they havent bent at all.
            Yup, upgraded from 1/4" plate to 12/" plate. Stupidity on my part, but they're fine now.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I'll buy a pair from you if you're interested in making another set...

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                Sure, why not...

Yup, upgraded from 1/4" plate to 12/" plate. Stupidity on my part, but they're fine now.
                12" plate, zomg so much beef.
                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                MK2 Jetta > M3
                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Nice. Im making me some half inch ones tomorrow nite. Just wonderkinf how urs worked out

Comment

So don't make fun of me guys since im kind of new to this lifting stuff for xj's, but i thought the rears had stock bump stops mounted from the top...? Obviously you should change them if you lift your xj, but I was wondering why bump stops are put on the bottom now?

And where can I get plates like that and those big ass bump stops?
                    97 Chevy Blazer LT 2" Body lift, 2" Suspension lift, 31" General Grabbers AT2. Sold
                    96 Jeep XJ Classic 6.5" RC lift with 33" Duratracs. Sold
                    00 Jeep XJ Sport 4.5" lift 33" BFG MudTerrains

Comment

Originally posted by blazerguy912 View Post
                      So don't make fun of me guys since im kind of new to this lifting stuff for xj's, but i thought the rears had stock bump stops mounted from the top...? Obviously you should change them if you lift your xj, but I was wondering why bump stops are put on the bottom now?

And where can I get plates like that and those big ass bump stops?
                      correct they are at the top he is using this one on the plate to contact the top one
                      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

Hmm ok. Well my top stock bump stops are gone, so should I just get ones mounted to top or get spring plates with bump stops instead?
                        97 Chevy Blazer LT 2" Body lift, 2" Suspension lift, 31" General Grabbers AT2. Sold

Comment

Originally posted by blazerguy912 View Post
                          Hmm ok. Well my top stock bump stops are gone, so should I just get ones mounted to top or get spring plates with bump stops instead?
                          you'd want to do both

Comment

works like this

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

AKA like a charm.
                              sigpic
                              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Nice...gotta buy everything seperate tho i assume..I mean, i bet they sell the bottom bump stops and spring plate together, right? Any one suggest any spring plates and bump stops for a good price?

Comment

Working...
                                X