Cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage

My jeep is slowly but steadily coming along, and still being a senior in high school i am making a proposal for my senior project to be my jeep. (they think i haven't done anything to it yet and that it's stock, so i'll have a jump on the game) i already have received a non-official thumbs up on it but i am looking for some one who has a tube bender and some welding skill to help me fab up a cage, and maybe some tube fenders. If someone could help me that would be awsome. Obviously i would buy all metals, consumables, and what ever else necessary, but i don;t have the money to pay someone to build it.

Didn't really know where to put this post. Please move if necessary.
    Last edited by Jeepbonehead; 02-27-2009, 10:13 PM.
    1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

asking someone to build you a cage for free is a long shot. good luck though.

Comment

i'm looking for anyone to help, not do for me, anybody bored and wanting a project to do

Comment

i like to weld... just pay for wire and argon use lol....... bender, i dont have
        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
        some people choose video games
        some choose projects
        some choose welding random things together

Comment

If you have never built a cage then I could see why would ask for someone to do it for free.. They are very time consuming. I have everything needed to do the job but I can't work for free. We are doing the back half of Pete's cage tomorrow at my shop. I expect it will take the entire day to bend it, notch it and weld it in.

Your best bet is to buy a cage kit from www.genrite.com

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=GRC4001

Its prenotched and you can just weld it in. The price is pretty good for what you get.

Comment

i'm not looking to buy a cage because as easy as it would i really want the hassle of building my own, and the experience. any chance anyone knows where i could rent a bender or anyone out there want to rent theirs to me?

Comment

Harbor freight

Comment

Harbor freight bender will bend pipe, not tube.

Comment

Working...
                X