Clayton vs TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clayton vs TNT

I am in the market for upgrading to Long Arms. I was wondering what peoples thoughts/opinions were on Claytons Long Arm Upgrade kit and your thoughts/opinions on the TNT (Treks) Long Arm Upgrade. Likes, Dislikes, Pros, and cons

Thanks
    Clayton
    30.77%
    TNT (Treks)
    69.23%
    Hench

ATM anyone?

tnt kit looks way better..

claytons kit looks rougher around the edges..

i have no actual experience with either..

if i was in the market, id rock the rk 3 link.. but the tnt belly pan is sick. clayton's does nothing for me.

Comment

go wif the treks, more coin but its way more comprehensive from what i've seen
      dirty30

Comment

I like the tnt for the clearence and transfer skid. I like the claton for the ability to drop the tranny with ease.

Comment

I only have experience with Clayton products, but things to compare would be:
          -Johnny Joints, rebuildable flex joints or bushings
          -Link material thickness
          -Warranty
          -Customer service

I know Clayton warrantys his arms if they ever bend or break and he is local too. It makes it real nice when you need something.
          88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-J View Post
            I only have experience with Clayton products, but things to compare would be:
            -Johnny Joints, rebuildable flex joints or bushings
            -Link material thickness
            -Warranty
            -Customer service

I know Clayton warrantys his arms if they ever bend or break and he is local too. It makes it real nice when you need something.
            Thats what I really like. He's literally 20minutes from my house
            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

I like them both....I have no experience with them, but what i have seen they both look like really well rounded and well built kits. but i said clayton just because he is close and has a good warrenty

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Claytons stuff is really HD but I can't see myself ever paying for it.
                2000 XJ
                2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                  Claytons stuff is really HD but I can't see myself ever paying for it.
                  TNT is more expensive
                  Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

i like the treks stuff better looks wise. they are both nice kits. but claytons is strong and well built and the locality of it is great. ill vote clayton
                    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

tnt. bigger skid. bent arms.

Comment

theyre both radius arm kits

Comment

I know most people buy clayton because of the beef-ness of their kits, but im pretty sure treks has quite a damn good warranty on their arms as well. I am by no means a veteran wheeler, but i have never seen, or heard of, anybody bending long arms that come from a very very experienced/well known company such as clayton or treks. So are far as who's kits are beefier it really makes no difference to me because i doubt i will EVER bend one of their arms in my lifetime. The main thing that would deter me from buying clayton is welding. For some reason i trust the bolt on kits more.

Like said above if i was going for a kit i would go RK 3 link.

Comment

everyone always says "OMGOGMGOM CLAYTON SO BEEFY" when the tnt vs. clayton thing comes up

id like to know what isnt beefy about a 1/4" thick wall 1.75" DOM tube TNT uses for their kit...

and, i have personally seen bent clayton arms on a couple well used vehicles.

can break anything

either way evans right, no one here is bendin these arms
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

I think they will both do the same job well. I like the intergrated skid of the TNT but I like the simplicity and price of the Clayton. They are both quality products. Either way you will be happy.

P.S. Keep in mind the TNT is bolt in. You will need to weld in the outers on the Clayton.

Comment

Working...
                              X