urgent help! can't drop axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help! can't drop axle

I got the jeep on jackstands, u-bolts gone, nothing holding the axle to the springs and the axle wont drop. It feels like the center pins on the leaf springs are jammed inside the perches. I've tried beating the fucker off for 10 minutes now, any ideas?

yup, its the center pins. drop the axle as far as you can and pound the leafs up off the perches.

Comment

Thanks for the info, i actually used a big fing crow bar and pryed the perches away from the pins.

Btw wrenching a pile of muddy snow melt inside the garage kinda sucks.

Comment

As you called it.
        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Heat up the perch and hit it with a hammer. Dont heat the center pin
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
            Heat up the perch and hit it with a hammer. Dont heat the center pin
            you were late by like 3 hours, already done

Comment

what happened, did the springs packs shift and pinch the pin in?

Comment

I don't think so, when we originally put the lift in, and even this time the pins seemed like they were about 1/16th or 1/32nd too big and wouldn't start pushing in until you really torqued down the u-bolts. Worked out fine though, wasn't too big of a problem.

Comment

before i put my 44 in i was using shims and was breaking center pins like it was my job and had a bitch of a time getting them out. good to see you got it apart

Comment

Working...
                  X