door hinge/torx head question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door hinge/torx head question.

Im in the midst of switching doors because mine failed. The last torx head bolt stripped of course, any tips to getting the bolt out? I have new bolts that arent torx head as well. Any Ideas?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Drill into it, and try using an extractor?
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

assuming the doors are on the jeep still that isnt a viable option. i would grind the head until its gone and yank the door off. i have a way of being savage to my jeeps tho

Comment

there is no way to get a drill in there.

every door on my past 2 jeeps have had the bottommost bolts stripped out after they broke my first torx socket.

i just dremeled the head off of each one and didn't bother taking the remaining stud out
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Thats what I was thinking of doing. Im just saving the hinges so no biggie. Im also making it pass. side doorless during the transfer. Thanks you guys.
          -Caleb

Comment

HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT.

Use a goddamn torch for christ sake. Head the head up for the rest of them and they will come out. Get it red hot. They are torx heads for a reason.

For the one that stripped, you might have to cut the head off or better yet, go doorless and drill it out. With the door off, you'll have easy access to it.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

If I'm correct there button head bolts, you could try grinding a notch in it then using a flat head screw driver to get it out
              dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

Use a goddamn torch for christ sake. Head the head up for the rest of them and they will come out. Get it red hot. They are torx heads for a reason.

For the one that stripped, you might have to cut the head off or better yet, go doorless and drill it out. With the door off, you'll have easy access to it.
                x2

heat brings the magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

i dont know how you and will were able to cut the hinge without removing it, but i can get about 9/10 of the way then i run out of cutting wheel (using the dookinest reinforced wheels at the guido too)
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                    i dont know how you and will were able to cut the hinge without removing it, but i can get about 9/10 of the way then i run out of cutting wheel (using the dookinest reinforced wheels at the guido too)
                    Wait...If you remove the entire door via cut the hinge aka doorless mod, you'll have access to all of the torx head screws.

Or, you could do the doorless mod, and then modify the hinges on the new door and have it drop right in. No need to go after the torx.

Or maybe I am just a confused child speakin on this internet machine box.
                    sigpic

Comment

I got the door off. I did use the acetylene, and i got the other torx heads out with a lot more ease than this one. Now what is the easist way to get the pin flipped?
                      -Caleb

Comment

A hammer, vice, and a punch. Go do work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                          I got the door off. I did use the acetylene, and i got the other torx heads out with a lot more ease than this one. Now what is the easist way to get the pin flipped?
                          HEAT FOR THE FUCKING WIN.

Whenever a bolt it tight, JUST TORCH IT.

Andy would know.
                          sigpic

Comment

I got the hinges back on and what not. I need to cut the bottom lip thing i think its holding me back from putting the door on, well part of the reason. I believe i need to bend the pin to make it work too. hopefully i get this stuff done on Thursday.
                            -Caleb

Comment

Good luck dood
                              Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                              My "Bucket" Build
                              MilitaryJeepers.com
                              ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                              !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Working...
                              X