Front locker problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blakdot View Post
    We can agree that this is abnormal behavior though?
    yes. when not engaged it should be ratcheting. aka, not effecting driveability the way you have described.

not to be confused with unloading, which would be very unpleasant
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

I have a lock rite that was installed without the inner axle caps and it was fine. I installed it all properly and there is still no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
        No disco for me.
        Orly? dids u swap it out?
        Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

i went to take a 90 degree turn today in 2wd and the front plowed until i hit the snowbank dead in front of me. it only does this in the snow. i have never had any issues with it plowing on wet roads or dry roads, only snowy ones. any suggestions? i dont think its an issue of too much speed or lack of traction going into the turn though.
          99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
            Something is broken. Open the differential and look.

On dry pavement, the aussie would unload allowing for the axle to differentiate. His buddy's locker doesn't differentiate, which may lead to be thinking that it was either installed incorrectly or something broke.

If the springs where worn out, the locker would have no problems unlocking. the springs in an aussie or any lunchbox are designed to keep the locking plates together. Something is preventing the locker from unloading.

You gotta open the diff and find out. I'm banking on install error.
            X2!!
            99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Working...
            X