No announcement yet.

Carry a gun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From that distance there is nothing that could have been done. I'm taking the carry concealed comment as to if the woman had a gun on her the guy wouldn't have gotten her purse.

I actually did stop a purse snatcher years ago in the parking lot of a Walmart. I was getting out of my truck and heard a woman yell "He's got my purse". The 14 year old looking kid was running down the parking lot right past my truck. He didn't see me and as soon as he got to the back of my truck I stuck my leg out and tripped him. The purse hit the ground and he got back up and kept running.

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
      I can't believe how many of you guys just bitched out because Will made a point about not being able to help the woman. Do any of you do anything on your own?
      yeah this....like holy fuck, any of you asshats that said that probably havent even used a firearm before...i mean seriously. the OP was making a statement about making sure to ALWAYS defend yourselves. ive heard many people say "oh i only carry when i have a lot of money on me" but then they go out all over town and gods creation with their families in the car. if you have a permit to carry a pistol....CARRY IT! whats the point of having a permit to do so if you dont have it with you. sure 99% of the time youll never need it. I hope to go through my entire life never needing mine, but that ONE time i dont bring it with me. is the ONE time ill need it. lay off with the hate superheroes. go back to your cheez doodle & call of duty binges.
      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
      https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
      I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
      -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Wow... this escalated quickly.

And all because of the title of the thread, which more aptly put, should have been the obvious: Don't carry a purse...
        "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
        It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
          Oh, and I was going to post the Seinfeld video too.
          Nice, Zach.
          Originally posted by lilnapsak View Post
          And you guys did nothing to help this lady? Just stood there and watched?
          first thing that came to mind when i saw this^^
          2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
          1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Carrying isnt always the solution, but its an important tool than can be used to solve a major problem if it arises. Given you where more than 50ft(i assume) away there was nothing a firearm would of solved, hell you guys prolly couldn't of caught the guy running. This being said if im not going out drinking or to a place I cant legally carry I always have a firearm on me.
            Also a lot is to be said about being aware of your surroundings. Im not saying always be ready for someone to attack you but look around at the people around you, stay in well lit areas, avoid sketchy looking groups, persons, or places etc...
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

I would also like to note that this is the reason why women should not carry their gun in their purse and find other means of carrying a pistol (if they choose to do so). Even if that lady had a gun, and the gun was in her purse, there would have been no time for her to grab it out of the purse while the guy grabbed the purse itself and ran off. Now, not only did she lose money, wallet, keys, etc, but she's also down a firearm and now some dumb lanky nigger driving around Orange has it.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                Carrying isnt always the solution, but its an important tool than can be used to solve a major problem if it arises. Given you where more than 50ft(i assume) away there was nothing a firearm would of solved, hell you guys prolly couldn't of caught the guy running. This being said if im not going out drinking or to a place I cant legally carry I always have a firearm on me. .
                I 100% regret writing the original post in the format I did because I can tell 0 people will read any of the clarification after the fact.
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                  I 100% regret writing the original post in the format I did because I can tell 0 people will read any of the clarification after the fact.
                  Kind of like Steve's post. Makes some wildly racist statements, then posts a link to an article about why he is making said statements, no one fucking reads the article and just instantly assumed that Steve is an asshole until he has to tell people his grandfather got murdered and everyone sang a different tune instantly.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                    Kind of like Steve's post. Makes some wildly racist statements, then posts a link to an article about why he is making said statements, no one fucking reads the article and just instantly assumed that Steve is an asshole until he has to tell people his grandfather got murdered and everyone sang a different tune instantly.
                    That dang internet, always lacking the full picture!
                    Amherst or Bust!
                    19 JL

Comment

Wait Wait Wait, I thought the point of all this was that Will is a horrible person...

And that hasn't been lost on any of us.

"Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

If you guys honestly think that a bunch of Karens are going to start carrying guns to wal mart in CT where getting mugged is probably less likely than getting struck by lightening, you should probably re think life.
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I'm pretty sure will hole reason for this post was to inform people that nowhere you are your completely safe. With that being said if you have invested the time and money into getting permit to carry you should. That could of easy been will that got robbed seeing as the guy walked right pass my truck door as will got out and was inches away from him. although the situation would have ended completely different.

Comment

Carry 2! I sig p220 is a good start!
                            Last edited by Magilla; 01-12-2015, 08:11 PM. Reason: forgot you had a 220 vs a 226 46acp> everything but 10mm
                            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                            2001 wj tbd
                            1974 5 ton

Comment

No fred...
                              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                                Surely you would have found a way to intervene and become the local hometown hero, right?
                                AND BE THE HOME. TOWN. HEROOO! (with stars in his eyyyeeess)

I had a land owner ask me out of the blue the other morning if I carried. She caught me totally off guard and I was like "uhhh ummm uhhh I uhhh may or may not be carrying". She proceeded to tell me that she felt a lot better knowing that I had a gun, seeing as I was by myself out in a 400 ac woodlot with significant bear sign. I couldn't believe it. I guess Durham/Guilford is cooler than I thought.
                                1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                                1999 sierra
                                1967 M725 Big and Slow
                                -Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X